Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Do you mean the 928 Derek Bell car or did he have a 924 as well? The 928 was somewhere near $400k I think?

What the spike in global 911 prices has done is raise the awareness of the so called "lesser" models, and now the rare ones of these are sought after. 406 924 Carrera GTs made (75 RHD), the GTS is even rarer with 44 plus 15 CS models, with the big daddy GTR only 19 - these are very rare cars, all of these will keep going up and up....

What I would really love though is a 928 CS :)

what about the GTP? 

Derek Bell had a carrera that was auctioned last year 

there was an alleged 928 SE in WA last year for sale. Basically a limited edition marketing tool for UK only. Meant to have the CS engine and other accoutrement ... had sketchy history , very sketchy including been located in UK with no interior and other missing? Fell in a mill pond? Fire?

what was dodgier or more farce were the sellers

There are possibly 3-4 SE's in oz 

Bloody quote formatting!!!  I've lost Edgy's quote too.

Yes, the blue car did stop me in my tracks and did honestly think I'd be in a water cooled car by now but that'll all have to wait awhile. 

Seeing the JonoF family and SimonN's cars on the Wollombi run a week ago made me realise I still have some unfinished air cooled business to complete so have bought another 3.2 that I pick up on Saturday.   It needs some work since it's high mileage but the attraction for me was I won't have any second thoughts about putting more km's on it or modifying it. 

Edited by Peter M

Yes, the blue car did stop me in my tracks and did honestly think I'd be in a water cooled car by now but that'll all have to wait awhile. 

Seeing the Johnno family and Simon N's cars on the Wollombi run a week ago made me realise I still have some unfinished air cooled business to complete so have bought another 3.2 that I pick up on Saturday.   It needs some work since it's high mileage but the attraction for me was I won't have any second thoughts about putting more km's on it or modifying it. 

agree bloody quote function and old man one finger phone typing 

hurrah for big miles 

what about the GTP? 

Derek Bell had a carrera that was auctioned last year 

there was an alleged 928 SE in WA last year for sale. Basically a limited edition marketing tool for UK only. Meant to have the CS engine and other accoutrement ... had sketchy history , very sketchy including been located in UK with no interior and other missing? Fell in a mill pond? Fire?

what was dodgier or more farce were the sellers

There are possibly 3-4 SE's in oz 

There is an SE up for sale now, has been for quite a while, shows that there is no real love for it in Aus.... https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-928-1988/OAG-AD-14018812/?Cr=5

Has to be worth more than an S4 surely?

Cheers guys about Derek's 924 :)

GTP - they only made one, or more?

Seeing the Johnno family and Simon N's cars on the Wollombi run a week ago made me realise I still have some unfinished air cooled business to complete so have bought another 3.2 that I pick up on Saturday.   It needs some work since it's high mileage but the attraction for me was I won't have any second thoughts about putting more km's on it or modifying it. 

Works fine for me :)

Congrats! When do we see pics of this new car?

Seeing the JonoF family and SimonN's cars on the Wollombi run a week ago made me realise I still have some unfinished air cooled business to complete so have bought another 3.2 that I pick up on Saturday.   It needs some work since it's high mileage but the attraction for me was I won't have any second thoughts about putting more km's on it or modifying it. 

Well played. I like you decisiveness! 3.2L is still my favourite air cooled. Just a great bloody engine. 

And high KMs! There is nonbetter testament for a well loved and cared for car than high KMs. My SC has 414,000 KMs. And I love it! 

The other 968 is just a 6 speed coupe, I do feel like that car surfaced in the last 12 months. 

I think you're right. I made a note of it being in Sept 2016. Private sale asking $35,000 in NSW still wearing Vic plates. Had done 133,915km. This comment  suggested all may not be what it seemed. Do you know what price CTS have on it? "POA" on their website.

Edited by JWM

There is an SE up for sale now, has been for quite a while, shows that there is no real love for it in Aus.... https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-928-1988/OAG-AD-14018812/?Cr=5

Has to be worth more than an S4?

How much more than an S4? The SE, wasn't it  just a bestickered car with  a hot motor.. hang on sounds like many a porsche model ?

SE = fatboy Claytons CS and not an acknowledged model . Just a UK only marketing department moment. Or iis it a factory hot rod?  

Youd think an SE should be worth a touch more ... but obviously not. The WA car was offered at 40k.

was a bit scruffy and likely to catch fire if it hadn't already 

Edited by michel

How much more than an S4? The SE, wasn't it  just a bestickered car with  a hot motor.. hang on sounds like many a porsche model ?

SE = fatboy Claytons CS and not an acknowledged model . Just a UK only marketing department moment. Or iis it a factory hot rod?  

Youd think an SE should be worth a touch more ... but obviously not. The WA car was offered at 40k.

was a bit scruffy and likely to catch fire if it hadn't already 

If this is true http://www.928oc.org/928-resources/2015-01-23-21-15-13/special-928s/special-editions/68-1988-928-cs-se-row seems like it should be worth more and sought after?

The SE was UK only they did not get the CS. SE close to CS just a bit heavier but lighter than an S4.

Edited by ANF

If this is true http://www.928oc.org/928-resources/2015-01-23-21-15-13/special-928s/special-editions/68-1988-928-cs-se-row seems like it should be worth more and sought after?

Did the UK get the CS, I seem to recall that the SE was the UK version of the CS??

that's what I've been saying the SE was a fat boy Uk only 'CS'

Has to be worth more than an S4 surely?

I don't think many know how rare they are.   Whilst 71 CS's were made (and all LHD), there were only 42 SE's made and were essentially a RHD version of the CS's but without the forged wheels.  I had a quick look at it and whilst sound you could easily spend $10k just tidying up the cosmetics.  I think it's only hanging around because its considered a little expensive by the market rather anything evil. 

that's what I've been saying the SE was a fat boy Uk only 'CS'

See my edited post above, it is lighter than the S4 but not as much as the CS, hence needs it's own name. Still would be one to buy and if I had the coin would seriously consider it.....

And here we have the problem with 928s and the like, it is not a 911 and info about them is scarce and all different!

It is a rare car, the 928 SE and needs to be looked at as one..... if as you say @Peter M condition is stopping it from selling then that is a shame.

Oh, the SE's still had a normal sized battery and common 928 creature comforts while the CS had these culled and weighed 100kg less.  But the SE still had the modified engine management and suspension of the CS.

I reckon that SE will eventually find it way back to the UK where they are better recognised/understood.

Disclosure:  I don't normally know this type of shit - pg 154 Brian Long's 928 book

Edited by Peter M

Oh, the SE's still had a normal sized battery and common 928 creature comforts while the CS had these culled and weighed 100kg less.  But the SE still had the modified engine management and suspension of the CS.

I reckon that SE will eventually find it way back to the UK where they are better recognised/understood.

Disclosure:  I don't normally know this type of shit - pg 154 Brian Long's 928 book

Wash your mouth out Peter, it is not shit!! :P (I will get that book one day....)

As I said I would happily have one, as we all know I love 928s.... not many others would understand what it is :)

928 CS .... its a bit of an Oxymoron isn't it? 

That red SE is nice car, but Peter is right, it needs some cosmetic love... other than that, a very unique Porsche, which could be enjoyed! I lament the fact I no longer have access to Rob's 928 S4 manual. :ph34r:

Wash your mouth out Peter, it is not shit!! :P (I will get that book one day....)

As I said I would happily have one, as we all know I love 928s.... not many others would understand what it is :)

Actually can highly recommend Long's book and even a reluctant 928 enthusiast like me has read it cover to cover a few times.

I agree I think owning it would be a pleasant experience although you would get sick of explaining what it was.  I guess no different to explaining to others that Tips are entertaining to drive when you've learnt how to and its OK, ya willy won't shrivel up and drop off if you do drive one.

SE - is also meant to have had CS wheels. And as @Peter M says suspension and of course the HIPO CS motor.  Though some are noted to not have the original motor fitted. 

Even in the UK it's not that well known or understood and it's also not an actual model and if you did contact UK porsche themselves they will scratch their heads. 

Actually can highly recommend Long's book and even a reluctant 928 enthusiast like me has read it cover to cover a few times.

I agree I think owning it would be a pleasant experience although you would get sick of explaining what it was.  I guess no different to explaining to others that Tips are entertaining to drive when you've learnt how to and its OK, ya willy won't shrivel up and drop off if you do drive one.

Yes, some need to remove their blinkers...

Great news, Peter, and it sounds like you are following the same principals as me. Buy the right car at the right price and you can drive it as much as you like and modify it to how you want it. I am realising this more and more. And yes, i have to agree with Jono. The 3.2 is my fave as well. The big question will be what year and spec you have ended up with and I look forward to hearing more your new ride soon, and seeing it on the road..