iPhone update

Doish13

I am getting used to most of the changes except for the Calendar. I used to be able to review the monthly meetings and appointments easily now I find myself switching between views.... Not sure the "it just works" Moto applies anymore. :(

I'm with you Wasser, my wife has the iphone and me the Samsung.

I would never swap.

Funny thing that, zackerly same with me and her.  She 'loves' the iphone, to me my phone is just a tool that has to do stuff when and how I want to, and I want to decide what happens, not some geek in appleworld

I've got a Blackberry as my work phone and an iphone as my personal phone. The Blackberry is a great tool for doing work stuff and has the abilty to cope with encripted data in emails that I need to have but it is a rubbish phone on the whole.

As TK said I use an iphone as it did just work because the user interface was very good. 07 seems to have dropped the ball a little.

it's a conspiracy I tell you!

Every update is design to break the old phone so that you feel the need to buy the new one.

I found the update process and itunes to be an incredible pain... so my wife's iPhone is still on IOS 4.....

It *is* a conspiracy!

JustKid (aged nearly 10) set about updating JustMrs's iPhone yesterday evening until I told him to cease and desist.  I'm a big believer in keeping hardware running the software that it was launched with unless there are pressing reasons to update.

Apparently if you're nearly 10 "Because everyone's doing it and it's really cool!" are pressing reasons.   <_<  

Greg I need to have a drink with you one of these days, your a cak.

Have you noticed how much "faster" your units are now...

No, maybe I need a GT3 to notice the difference, what am I saying? If the wife finds out about the GT3 thoughts I'm finished. Best hide a GT3 at work, no will know will they.

I've updated my iPad and don't really the look of it. The icons, font and background look so much more basic. In terms of design and presentation I think they've gone backwards. The functionality seems ok. There are a few changes where you can see the tech heads at Apple got carried away.

What I like about the iPad and iPhone is the simplicity of it. This was the driving force of Steve Jobs. Although he was a tech head he didn't behave like one. He was very much into design and ease of use. Sadly I feared this would happen now that he passed away, where design and use will take second place to technicality..

Just my 2 cents!

I'm using iOS7 on a 4S. No issues at all, although I do feel the battery may not be lasting as long as it was but I don't have a clear benchmark to prove this. The Control Centre function is superb, something they should have added a long time ago.

As with all software updates, you need time to adjust to them. This goes with all SW. I hear it all the time at work!

One of the reasons to upgrade the operating system is that many apps won't run on the older versions. You do end up 'stuck' in that sense if you don't move forward.

I'm not updating my iPhone till it no longer works! I'm done with having latest and greatest.

Archived