my new 930

GregAx

Hi all,

Just want to share my excitment of the purschase of my 930. Shes a 79 in Grand Prix white.

Very original but somewhat tired, so looking forward to restoring her over time. Also looking forward to meeting fellow melbourians.

Take delivery on Tuesday so now counting the days.

Greg

Very exciting.

I have been watching that market pretty closely, which car did you pick up? The kremmer car at lorbrek or the one from manly north in Sydney?

Do share some shots?

Good luck. I hope tired = can be fixed with car polish not cubic dollars.

Very exciting.

I have been watching that market pretty closely, which car did you pick up? The kremmer car at lorbrek or the one from manly north in Sydney?

Do share some shots?

Good luck. I hope tired = can be fixed with car polish not cubic dollars.

Neither - pulled back on Lorbeks becuase of the colour change. Also the white one in Manly was missing compliance plate,but overall nice car.

Picked up the one at Shannons. Kept my eye on it when it appeared in Jan. Its from a private collection of a cars from a deceased estate. Owner had a bunch of cars mainly Lotus's and this was his main driver. Its sat in a shed for the past 18 months and the widow handed over 3 cars to Shannons that were sold on the night.The other Lotus's were sold via the Lotus club.

Thanks,

Greg

Congratulations Greg.

The local Porsche mafia here had their eye on that car, and I reckon you have picked up a very good car indeed.

It had all the right history, and snuck under people's radar.

After all, white turbo Porsches rule, don't they?

Look forward to hearing how you enjoy the world of boost.

Congratulations Greg.

The local Porsche mafia here had their eye on that car, and I reckon you have picked up a very good car indeed.

It had all the right history, and snuck under people's radar.

After all, white turbo Porsches rule, don't they?

Look forward to hearing how you enjoy the world of boost.

To be honest I thought it would it would attract much more attention. Yes it has all the books and history as a 2 owner car. Second owner purchased in 83 and owned it since. Not sure if being the last lot of the night helped but I am sure not complaining.

Thanks guys.

Gax

Well done. Fortune favours the brave.

Did you get as far as looking at that Manly 930 in the flesh? Is it as smart as the photos or are they a few years old? How does a car loose its compliance plate? Hmmmmmm.

I did look at the lorbrek car and it was definitely re sprayed but had the receipts and was not a cheap job or a smash repair. I must admit I did not pick up a colour change. Looked like new white over old white. What did I miss?

Gax

Well done. Fortune favours the brave.

Did you get as far as looking at that Manly 930 in the flesh? Is it as smart as the photos or are they a few years old? How does a car loose its compliance plate? Hmmmmmm.

I did look at the lorbrek car and it was definitely re sprayed but had the receipts and was not a cheap job or a smash repair. I must admit I did not pick up a colour change. Looked like new white over old white. What did I miss?

Yes saw the Manly one in the flesh on my trip up to Sydney. A few things that were my concern and possibly would not bother others was the missing compliance plate and the non period correct front guards with indicators and flush mounted headlight washers, These changed in 1980. Owner though had a folder full of history and it's generally a nice clean car.

I picked the colour change for the one at Lorbeks's with a quick call to Porsche Melbourne who confirmed it was delivered as Rosewood Brown.

Anyway I picked up my car yesterday outside of Zagame's in Richmond, I used Alan's Unique Car carriers who do an exceptional job. The old girl was in amongst 2 Mclaren 12C's,1 Challenge 458, 1 normal 458, 1 599 and a new California. Had to wait a while as mine was the last one off the truck although the show of Alan unloading these beautiful machines was entertaining enough.

After swapping the dead battery she fired O.K. Tanked her up and headed home. Just collecting all the bits for a full drain and fill over the weekend and a really good clean. All the fun hey - up all hours of the night finding little bits and pieces left over from the previous owner.

It really needs a good tune as well  as its running rich. It hunts at idle when cold but settles when warm.

post-1641-0-24189400-1394590905_thumb.jp

Archived