More Magnus, wheels + turbo fever.

hugh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they look sublime. Not sure if I'd pay the 'Walker Tax' as I'm certain they wont be cheap! 

Well the shape is forged even if the wheels aren't . I'm sure you can get a wheel window sticker to go with your Ureteric Orifice belt buckle  ;)

Edit : the wheels are apparently 2 piece forged so they will be $

doesn't he say something similar to 'having the freedom to do whatever you want with a new design'

and then makes something that looks very like a fuch?

I thought he said they were creating something totally unique?

It's just a billeted Fuchs rim.

I find Magnus boring. 

Lets just say if Magnus swapped the porsches for GTR's or Mini's would we care?

He'd just be a car geek!

doesn't he say something similar to 'having the freedom to do whatever you want with a new design'

and then makes something that looks very like a fuch?

True, but I see this as being the point. Fuch's are a classic Porsche wheel and look great, he has created a modern interpretation that is recognisable yet subtle with its own unique detail IMO.

Did anyone find pleasure in the sound of an engine operating a wide ratio box where it actually takes some time for the revs to build? A pretty rare sound nowadays when everything seems to have 6 speeds.

Lets just say if Magnus swapped the porsches for GTR's or Mini's would we care?

He'd just be a car geek!

I guess some of us would answer yes..if we liked those cars :)

True, but I see this as being the point. Fuch's are a classic Porsche wheel and look great, he has created a modern interpretation that is recognisable yet subtle with its own unique detail IMO.

i like em wouldnt buy em, and it is while riffing on an old theme, a new wheel. though the colour changes the wheel significantly the gold been a fave

Did anyone find pleasure in the sound of an engine operating a wide ratio box where it actually takes some time for the revs to build? A pretty rare sound nowadays when everything seems to have 6 speeds.

brn brm - yep

At close enough to US$1,000 each, plus freight, I don't think I will be spoiling the Targa with them any time soon. And, to me, they don't look that much different to Fuchs. If I upgrade or get track wheels Super Lites are $2,000 for a full set WITH tyres and no freight. And look great.

Archived