More Magnus, wheels + turbo fever.

hugh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want more info about that white red car. not his usual long hood. Looked like an SC maybe?

Sorry, but am I the only one that thinks this car looks shite?

I guarantee that if the average Joe put on different colour bumpers and a black duck tail on a white car we would all think he was a dick!

I guarantee that if the average Joe put on different colour bumpers and a black duck tail on a white car we would all think he was a dick!

Especially if Joseph wrote PORSCHE in big font on the front bumper also . Sorry , but that car is ruined by the bumper treatment. In the side views the front looks like a big dopey frog (even dopier than my one). 

You're not alone.. It looks like shit

Theo,

I think that's all part of the "Urban Outlaw" look and matches the dopey beards and the other parts of their uniforms.

I agree with your assertion though!

As a rule anything with "Stanceworks" in it is to be avoided. It's full of new flanno's,thick black framed glasses and old touted as new.

you forgot to mention the stretch!

Have to agree with uncle, case in point.....

http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/07/john-pedens-porsche-964-on-hydraulics/

Kill it!

my favourite quote from that article

To accomplish this, John utilized a Rayvern Hydraulics system to place four remote rams under the front bonnet which displace the suspension loads on to four individual coil springs which are matched to the weight of the vehicle. While that's likely gibberish to most, its an intricate yet simple way to blend dynamic and static suspension systems which produces a ride quality and handling characteristics that are very similar to that of a typical coilover system. Drawbacks? "I'm not really sure there are any," John says. While a purpose-built coilover system will certainly outperform John's alternative, the advantages are left to those who corner-balance their cars for the track - few and far between.

yeah, apart from the added complexity to the suspension, the extra weight i'm not sure what the drawbacks would be in an RS "inspired" car

As a rule anything with "Stanceworks" in it is to be avoided. It's full of new flanno's,thick black framed glasses and old touted as new.

I'm surprized it isn't called "Stanzwerks"

Anyway Stan should be ashamed of himself.

I'm surprized it isn't called "Stanzwerks"

Anyway Stan should be ashamed of himself.

there are actual bits of crunchy nut cornflakes embedded in my keyboard now.

+1

Reminds me of my grandfathers datto - almost every panel was a different colour!

Not uncommon to have a black bonnet on jap cars. I think it gives it a a recently crashed or unfinished look

you forgot to mention the stretch!

like this? http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/06/walking-the-walk-the-rotiform-porsche-964/

love the comment at the bottom

I've never understood the fascination with running wheels several inches wider than the tryes. 

Not uncommon to have a black bonnet on jap cars. I think it gives it a a recently crashed or unfinished look

Or it has a 'I'm too broke to paint it coz I keep getting fines and defects for owning a dangerous heap of shit' kinda look!

As for Magnus' red bumpered car, it looks shit and he should be told it looks shit.

Just paint the damn thing and it'd be a nice car!

You guys know there is a reason to have a black bonnet though right? Same reason you put flocking on a dash?

No doubt 95% of the guys who do it think "because race car" but the real reason is to stop refective light bouncing back up onto the glass. Same goes for the dash.

While the urbanoutlaw bubble burst for me about 27 seconds into the first video he had online and his thread on the bird I have to give credit if credit is due. The guy knows how to turn a wheel. He would never get an unpaid seat at Lemans but he goes ok and this goes along with the black bonnet. He likes to do quite a bit of track work so in this rare case with him it is more than just a trinket. 

You guys know there is a reason to have a black bonnet though right? Same reason you put flocking on a dash?

No doubt 95% of the guys who do it think "because race car" but the real reason is to stop refective light bouncing back up onto the glass. Same goes for the dash.

While the urbanoutlaw bubble burst for me about 27 seconds into the first video he had online and his thread on the bird I have to give credit if credit is due. The guy knows how to turn a wheel. He would never get an unpaid seat at Lemans but he goes ok and this goes along with the black bonnet. He likes to do quite a bit of track work so in this rare case with him it is more than just a trinket. 

I get the black bonnet and yes the guy can drive, however...........................riddle me this.

Is the black ducktail to prevent reflective glare to the car chasing you?

Are the red bumpers to disguise any pedestrian blood you may have collected whilst what seems like running red lights in the videos he creates????

I get the black bonnet and yes the guy can drive, however...........................riddle me this.

Are the red bumpers to disguise any pedestrian blood you may have collected whilst what seems like running red lights in the videos he creates????

Oh no. Those parts are just sh!t.

Lol

Archived