Regrets!

LeeM

We've all had them, though what are the top 3 vehicles (cars or bikes) you most regret selling? Pics if you can.

Mine

Totally original (but very low) black 55 Chev Belair

Mk 1 Lotus Cortina replica with Lotus twin cam motor

Ducati 916

No pic's unfortunately  :(

HR Holden with 202 and high comp head. the PO went straight out and blew the cash I gave him on a load of hash. He had a bad habit and couldn't afford the fuel for the triple webers. Nor even the Holley he put on to save money.

Regret ahy? - just because it was my first car , used it as a surf hauler and also because now they are worth a bundle. But even though I sold it with a buggered motor and flaky paint, after 7 years I had made a profit.

Major regret entrusting my local panel shop to repaint my otherwise original HQ GTS coupe. They did such a bad job on the prep that it sprouted rust all over in just a few years. Decided to cut my losses and sell. :(

I once went to buy an Alfa like that one - same colour and all.  I got underneath and pressed the floor pan with my finger and it bent upwards while iron oxide flakes fell like confetti.  I had never seen a car that badly rusted before, and never since, for that matter.  I have no idea to this day what was holding it together.

I regret not buying that Japan Red E30 M3 for $8,000 when I had the chance.  I still have the sale contract somewhere but couldn't raise the money - lender said it was too old and they don't lend on cars > 5 years old.  Ironic.

LH SL/R 5000 L34 sold it to fund

LX SS 5.0 A9X sold it to fund

73 LJ GTR-XU1 (JP390021) sold it to fund (traded it actually)

Brand new 2.6 Automatic Bitsamishi SIGMA :o family car.

There you go I win, talk about going backwards(and I havent even mentioned the MGB's)

I've seen your picture wall, you had some cool cars!

my regrets are my 450SEL and 280CE, I should've kept them in the shed and slowly worked on them. sorta glad I still have my beetle at least

knocking back a real '74 Carrera coupe 10-12 or so years ago because I didn't want to pay $35k for it (I could've also had a '72 T for $21k lol)

There you go I win, talk about going backwards(and I havent even mentioned the MGB's)

OK you win on that score.

Kill yourself now

geez, not sure that can be topped haha

my regrets are my 450SEL and 280CE, I should've kept them in the shed and slowly worked on them. 

Plenty of cheap ones around; mind you the ones I've seen are shockers for rust. And the 450? Sluggish as , but a cool middle aged car. Have thought about a saloon to put aside for a son's wedding car down the track.

had a near mint condition '59 FC Holden that i sold and I'm still not sure why.

I moved states and couldn't bring it with me.

I was 23, single and it had a factory lay-back bench seat 

God I loved that car.

Plenty of cheap ones around; mind you the ones I've seen are shockers for rust. And the 450? Sluggish as , but a cool middle aged car. Have thought about a saloon to put aside for a son's wedding car down the track.

my 450 wasn't sluggish at all, it got up and went. but there's lots of tired ones out there

Archived