If You Couldn't Have an Old Porsche, What Would You Have?

Peter M

This is my point. There are good ones around, but there always a slightly better Rwd version you'd prefer. Settling for the FWD always means accepting you are compromising the driving experience for something else,whether it is price or space.

I'm sure minis are great, their Motorsport heritage is second to none. I would always choose a RWD alternative if looking for a drivers car.

Meh I've owned/own fantastic examples of each. Highlights would be my 1971 Mini that I still own and a S1 Peugeot 405 Mi16 that I should never have sold. 

As a race car I do prefer RWD though. Front engine rear wheel drive. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh I've owned/own fantastic examples of each. Highlights would be my 1971 Mini that I still own and a S1 Peugeot 405 Mi16 that I should never have sold. 

As a race car I do prefer RWD though. Front engine rear wheel drive. 

500px-Lancia_Fulvia_1.3s_Series_2.jpg

how could you say no to this?

Didn't it start out life as a portable firefighting pump engine that was later adapted for the Imp?

Yes, but no, imp...is FWA, pump is FWP - you can convert to road app, however racer boys appear to covet the "B" pump engine

imagejpg1-19.jpg

So many alternate choices added here. I think I want one of each.

Especially this one. Belongs to a friend of mine and I've wanted him to sell it to me for the last 20+ years.

You'll never guess what its powered by.

401650346_e51d4ca5d1_m.jpg

Elastic bands?

Especially this one. Belongs to a friend of mine and I've wanted him to sell it to me for the last 20+ years.

two imp engines...twimp

Love and good vibes?

I'll try stick to the subjective 'not too expensive' rule...

IMG_0416_aPGu_5.jpg

As sad as it is to admit......I still desire a spot on JDM AE86 in OE spec.......I guess it wont be as I remember it 20 years ago, but I keep searching

As sad as it is to admit......I still desire a spot on JDM AE86 in OE spec.......I guess it wont be as I remember it 20 years ago, but I keep searching

I always wanted to drop a 20 valve 4ag into a ta22 chassis. Underneath they are much the same and the Oz-delivered ae86 cars ran a T series engine the same as the ta22.

The things I would do with a shed,a hoist and an endless supply of cash and time.

Edit: actually I think I am wrong a it the Oz version getting a t-series. I think it was the base model 4a engine which looks similar to a t series but has OHc instead of pushrods.

Archived