If You Couldn't Have an Old Porsche, What Would You Have?

Peter M

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peel P50

PeelP50_06_1000.jpg

Latest Top Gear magazine had an article on the Peels - I was astonished to find out the prices these things fetch.  I think they were talking about $50,000 and up - but it's a very illiquid market so the latest price isn't really known.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I have a soft spot for the following... 

roadster-roadtrip-5.jpg

Or mmmmm

1920px-Ford_Capri_1600_1598cc_July_1969.

Or ya know what, I'm perfectly happy with my 2005 R53 Supercharged MINI...  nothing like winding it out through the gears and listening to the super charger whine... the pops and crackles from the exhaust  and its go kart handling... its a great little machine :D

If any of you MX5  Wierdo`s are interested, a friend of mine has a time capsule for sale

its a 1992 with only 28,100 ks and is in like a car with only those ks condition

I have had it up on my hoist and it looks new underneath as well

it`s silver and he want`s $15,800 PM me if interested and I will put you in touch

If any of you MX5  Wierdo`s are interested, a friend of mine has a time capsule for sale

its a 1992 with only 28,100 ks and is in like a car with only those ks condition

I have had it up on my hoist and it looks new underneath as well

it`s silver and he want`s $15,800 PM me if interested and I will put you in touch

It should have been enjoyed a hell of a lot more than that over the past 23 years!

My second last car was a 3.2l Alfa GT, and coastr it was a front wheel drive. Made one of the nicest sounds  and was actually more reliable than it's Audi replacement. Sure it wouldn't get as tail happy as a rear drive and had a bit of understeer but was always manageable in the twisty stuff.

Ha we all make the compromise and drive FWd cars from time to time. Some of them are quite good.

Like homing pigeons, we all come back to Rwd in the end.

I'll let the Audi comment through to the keeper lest I be accused of VAG bashing.

It's not so much a question of what would i have if i couldn't have a porsche ...it's when will i have an opel gt i my garage.

They are still very affordable so i have to sell more model cars ! ;-)

Opel_GT.jpg

second choice ---------->

opelmantaagte4.jpg

or my dad's old car :-)   screaming 3 cylinder!!

z-2mail.jpg

z-2mail.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mercedes A45 AMG.

A mate of mine got his new one last week and I drove it on the weekend. Best car I have ever driven, hands down. An absolute baby supercar, superb build quality, very fast, the exhaust barks and snarls on overrun, Excellent car. 

It did however make me appreciate the nice "mechanical" feel of the S2 with the weight of the steering and the feedback.

• 1 month later...

Well, what are you waiting for? Go buy it and I'll swap ya for the Hoonda! (yes I meant to type Hoonda

NOOO. You said "Find me the BMW" So I did. Nothing about ME buying it!

I'll be in Adelaide in a couple of weeks so I'll pick up the Hoonda then.

Archived