964 for sale

A white C2 Tip was sold at Weltmeister last month, was advertised for $78k.

I had 2 friends look at it and reported back that it was far from immaculate. Weltmeister said they had someone else looking and sure enough, it was sold the next day. 

Not sure for what price but given how long it was advertised, i doubt they moved much from their $78k asking price.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A white C2 Tip was sold at Weltmeister last month, was advertised for $78k.

I had 2 friends look at it and reported back that it was far from immaculate. Weltmeister said they had someone else looking and sure enough, it was sold the next day. 

Not sure for what price but given how long it was advertised, i doubt they moved much from their $78k asking price.

madness..................seems to be the trend. 

Chris, I just had a look at your advert on Carsales. Very nicely written and very informative. What a shame you have to sell it which I think you will do easily......

Best wishes and good luck with the sale

Chris Perry

Thanks to everyone for their comments thus far, I have declined an offer already for 57k. 

I believe my price is relative in the current market and slate grey is without doubt one of, if not the most desirable 964 colour ... I have  another gent seeing me next week who is madly keen.

If i was in the market to buy I believe these cars are worth every cent... I mean really, what do you get for 60k today that even remotely compares ?

I dread having to wave  goodbye.... 

Where's the link for us too lazy to go find it?  Or is that against forum rules?

It's not against the rules for  to sell their cars on here

must remember i'm not a moderator anymore lol

Car is now sold, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread ! 

Hopefully it stays in the PFA 'family'. 

Plenty more Porsche's out there Chris when the time is right again.  :)

Hey All, 

I was down at the temple today (Porsche Melbourne) to have a new genuine windscreen fitted as part of my to do for sale list, WOW what a difference it makes... crystal clear - the downside is that said sold car looks the best it ever has and my mourning has only just begun... 

Don't be surprised of Chris's car has already sold for 60k, there are plenty of people out there chasing these cars and prepared to pay when one comes up (as they don't come up that often) especially a good one like this appears to be.

Not sure how long you have been watching the market, I've been following it pretty closely for the last 2-3 years and unfortunately you'll be hard pressed to find a C2, man, coupe at all let alone for 40k. The last C2 man coupe to hit the market sold for 80k in a matter of hours and that was July last year (1 of 3 that sold last year, 5 in total for the last 2 years to give you an idea of how few hit the market).

Hmmm, should have kept my 964 C2, bought and sold quickly, the guy I sold to painted it and sold it on for 80 odd last year. I was new to the P car game. Bugger all C2 manuals since then (yours and one other maybe which were hotly contested and sold,immediately). Oh well, I "get it" now, always buy, never sell (unless you have to) - that seems to be the rule to follow if you get to own a good 'one.

You've got a boost addiction now mate and there is no looking back!  :D

Happy for you to take my C2 for a drive any time but you may feel a little underwhelmed after getting out of the GT2................... :rolleyes:

I don't know all the circumstances, but it wouldn't surprise me if you suffered from sellers remorse with that car.

Hi Doug,

There is no room for sellers remorse for me, the sale price represents almost exactly a years salary. 

The truth of it is that I simply cannot afford to run a daily driver and a P car.

It was good while it lasted ! 

Hi Doug,

There is no room for sellers remorse for me, the sale price represents almost exactly a years salary. 

The truth of it is that I simply cannot afford to run a daily driver and a P car.

That's not such an uncommon situation Chris. For a lot of us something has to give to afford to run a second car.

I stopped smoking the day I bought mine. The P-car has proven the cheaper habit!

Glad you had the experience. Who knows what the future holds!

That's not such an uncommon situation Chris. For a lot of us something has to give to afford to run a second car.

I stopped smoking the day I bought mine. The P-car has proven the cheaper habit!

Glad you had the experience. Who knows what the future holds!

Good choice to trade in the coffin nails for a porker!

Hi Doug,

Try and think like it has gone to a better place where it will be nurtured and cared for. Not exactly heaven, but if one day it is turned into a SINGER, almost.

• 2 weeks later...

As I purchased Chris's car I thought I would use this thread to introduce myself. I have been a member of the forum for several years and have followed the forum closely to learn the art of all things Porsche.

Firstly thanks to Chris for a great car. Yes, its a Tip, but it doesn't have a smog pump so I suppose that evens things out.

And Fraz was half right   "some cashed up baby boomer might just grab it and you will be sitting pretty".  

Yes, I am a baby boomer.

Car now registered in NSW and I am now so proud, I have my first oil drip on the garage floor.

If any of the novacastrian's read this thread I would appreciate any feedback (pm will do) on recommendations on where to take the car for service.

Regards,

Martin

Archived