Networking

Structural Engineer/Project Management background

In 2006, I started my own business - Latitude 37. Custom design & build new homes and medium density projects. Around 150-200 homes per annum.

www.L37.com.au

Will have to send you a PM one of these days! 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qualified idiot

Also a contractor installing robes and kitchens etc.

Also a muso in an acoustic duo doing classic rock covers at pubs, weddings, birthdays etc, which seems to be taking over every weekend now!

Currently running our Porsche drive day operations & just launched our Porsche Syndicates.  Basically a glorified cleaner.

Previously a maths academic - somewhat of a career change.

Gav

Can I recommend that all above and those still to contribute add their website details if they have them. Not only is it interesting to find out more about what you all do it might lead to professional relationships in the future (which will help pay for your P car:))

Currently running our Porsche drive day operations & just launched our Porsche Syndicates.  Basically a glorified cleaner.

Previously a maths academic - somewhat of a career change.

Gav

Is it going OK?   What is 'Porsche Syndicates' - is that group ownership?

Can I recommend that all above and those still to contribute add their website details if they have them. Not only is it interesting to find out more about what you all do it might lead to professional relationships in the future (which will help pay for your P car:))

This was exactly my thoughts when I proposed this.

Ebay Store: firmawholesalers

www.fieldman.com.au

www.bosnsarino.com (not live yet - soon)

www.firmawholesalers.com (not live yet - soon)

Always looking for new promoters, re-sellers, stockists, customers, etc...

Structural Engineer/Project Management background

In 2006, I started my own business - Latitude 37. Custom design & build new homes and medium density projects. Around 150-200 homes per annum.

www.L37.com.au

This might already be quite helpful. 

I'm a government employee, involved in analysis and project management of sorts, in a round a bout way... Which has led me to start studying project management externally. I only started studying at the beginning of this year. 

Some advice, information, help via PM would be greatly appreciated! 

Regards

Norm

Coastr - yes it's going ok.  Having lots of fun & really enjoying the mix of people that come out with us on our days.  

The syndicate scheme basically allows for 1/4 (typically) share in a new or quality 2nd hand Porsche.  We provide detailing, storage and door to door delivery (plus buying assistance if they're new to the game).  The owners physically own their proportion of the Porsche via a unit trust with corporate trustee & get the car for 88 days & 7000km per year.  After a typical term of 3 years the Porsche is rolled over, sold or purchased by one of the owners with funds split back 4 ways.  We started the program (last week) in response to drive day clients who all wanted to buy a Porsche (5 have gone on to purchase 911's) but were held back by garaging, 'how often will I use it' etc.  All the usual constraints that we think we've resolved.  As we don't hold a stake in the vehicle it should provide more certainty and security than other 'hire/time share/club' operations that have started in the past.  It's a new endeavour for us but I can't see why it won't work - lets see what the market tells us :)  I'll likely be tempted to jump into a 997 GT3 syndicate myself next year, if I can find a few people to join me.

Sydney launch last week, Melbourne & Brisbane to follow.

Gavin

Coastr - yes it's going ok.  Having lots of fun & really enjoying the mix of people that come out with us on our days.  

The syndicate scheme basically allows for 1/4 (typically) share in a new or quality 2nd hand Porsche.  We provide detailing, storage and door to door delivery (plus buying assistance if they're new to the game).  The owners physically own their proportion of the Porsche via a unit trust with corporate trustee & get the car for 88 days & 7000km per year.  After a typical term of 3 years the Porsche is rolled over, sold or purchased by one of the owners with funds split back 4 ways.  We started the program (last week) in response to drive day clients who all wanted to buy a Porsche (5 have gone on to purchase 911's) but were held back by garaging, 'how often will I use it' etc.  All the usual constraints that we think we've resolved.  As we don't hold a stake in the vehicle it should provide more certainty and security than other 'hire/time share/club' operations that have started in the past.  It's a new endeavour for us but I can't see why it won't work - lets see what the market tells us :)  I'll likely be tempted to jump into a 997 GT3 syndicate myself next year, if I can find a few people to join me.

Sydney launch last week, Melbourne & Brisbane to follow.

Gavin

What would the buy in be for a GT3 syndicate? Of all the P cars to do this with, this would make the most sense as it is hardly a daily driver, but for infrequent track time could be perfect. Or are there rules on track use?

What would the buy in be for a GT3 syndicate? Of all the P cars to do this with, this would make the most sense as it is hardly a daily driver, but for infrequent track time could be perfect. Or are there rules on track use?

of course you would also want everyone else in your syndicate to be over the age of 70... :)

I'm not so sure about the correlation of age and driving enthusiasm having seen some of our drive day clients.  The most spirited driver we've had in twelve months was 68 (but with an extensive driving history).  

Our standard user agreement has a clause in it regarding track/competition use but the user agreement is shaped by users within each syndicate.  A gt3 syndicate would have that clause removed I'm sure.  Why else would you have a gt3...

Buy in is 1/4 of the purchase price of the car plus $1500 in setup/legals etc.  So I'm guessing that buy in on a 997 gt3 would be somewhere in the order of 28 - 35k?

Regarding a gt3 as most suitable - I'm not so sure.  Quite a lot of our clients are 'occasional' car users & I feel we'll likely run a few boxsters & cabs for them.  Buy in there could start as low as 15k for a 987 Boxster including a nice sized contingency fund so it's pretty attainable.  These people seem to look at the car as something fun to do on a weekend every now & then.  Time will tell.

Love it - I'm in the same boat.......by the time I look after the boys AND the house, the cars come third :(

Surely the boys can be trained to do housework, leaving you to do the shopping and cars?

Veterinarian.

Not much use to any of you at the minute unless cattle are involved lol.

Just spent $10k on my GSP's thyroid cancer and subsequent chemo.  Where were you then?

Archived