Carrera3.0 - return to stock for sale?

Looks great to me, I was under the impression 15" was the go, and the side indicators are Euro spec.

Considering a UK import with about 400000kms and 3 engine rebuilds and nowhere near this much street appeal sold for $95K last week you should be fine. But I would say that wouldn't I. 

Agree, leave as is - it looks awesome!

Hey 9er, which one sold for 95K?? got a link, thats crazy money for an import

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks out standing.

Despite wanting to buy your Fuchs off you I think if you advertise it as is but sell with the orgianal parts with it you give your self the widest audience.

You can factor the parts into the price & if they don't want them sell them off seperate.

I would love to check it out sone day in the flesh. You coming on the SMT on Sun?

You had me at Cibies....

Reminds me of the blue one a member on here sold a couple of years back...cibies, martini stripe, ducktail, tartan, half cage....I still want that car.   Anyone know where it ended up?

10848115_580382025430568_1923854584_a.jp

You had me at Cibies....

Reminds me of the blue one a member on here sold a couple of years back...cibies, martini stripe, ducktail, tartan, half cage....I still want that car.   Anyone know where it ended up?

wasnt that Matt Harts car?

I think you're best off keeping all original parts with the car in any case - so either return to stock and sell off the other bits or sell as is with original parts.

If I were buying, I'd want it as is but with original parts.

I'm about to put my '77 Carrera3.0 on the market.  It's currently in (very mild) 70's hotrod guise with 15" gold BBS wheels wearing chunky 215/60 and 195/65 tyres, flat rear deck lid with custom Carrera3.0 decal instead of the badge, matching gold Porsche "negative" side scripts, Cibie lights on the hood and chrome headlight rings.  It is a dark green (Oak?) and the gold and chrome accents look great (IMO).  Always draws a crowd and positive comments at Cars n Coffee etc.

Mechanically, it is in excellent health with the usual upgrades - 11 blade fan, pressure fed tensioners, SSI exhaust, rebuilt gearbox, rebuilt fuel system etc.  It is a factory RHD (not Aust del) matching numbers, non sunroof, coupe.

I have the original 16 x 7 and 8" Fuchs, the correct twin grill rear wing (with a perfect rubber), a spare bonnet, original headlight trims etc.

I have always thought that stock cars appeal to the widest audience and thus sell more quickly and achieve the highest value.  That said, there seems to be a lot of love out there for period style hotrods at the moment.  I see my options as:

1. return to stock and then offer for sale.

2. offer as is (and sell the factory parts separately - there is always a strong market for wheels, tails etc).

3. offer as is, and mention in the ad that the stock parts are available and that I'm happy to work with a serious buyer to configure the car (and its price) to suit the buyer.

So, what say the collective? 1, 2, 3 or other?

I'd go with option 3, but if you decide to go with option 2, I'd be interested in the parts  :)

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great looking car, stock it will certainly attract attention, but as a younger 911 seeker I love the tasteful mods and prefer it that way,    though as a younger 911 seeker,  I'm also poorer :)

I'd love if you could post a note in here when you list it.

Gee that's a good price. (95k for an original condition C3)

Last '76 C3 I saw for sale was that gold (Platinum) Concourse condition Aus. Delivered one which they had trouble selling at $85k about 18 months ago.

You had me at Cibies....

Hearing ya, always liked the look of that car.

Archived