My 918 Spyder

mhh

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

DOG!

...but it is coming home to the PFA, er, I mean Australia eventually though isn't it?!!?! 

:mellow: ??????

I'm sure we could have a national meeting of the PFA over at your place in Adelaide couldn't we?!?!

So, so, jealous.

:blink:  :rolleyes:   :wub:

I just picked up a new 918 Spyder in the UK. I've only had a chance for a brief drive but I'm hoping the weather holds (but it won't of course!). I'm keeping the car in storage near Heathrow to use in the UK and the Continent. It's pretty incredible to drive. :)

http://thumbsnap.com/sHuGYmUy

This should go to Butt Shots......I have "bottom envy" now  :blink:

Calm down everyone one! Tongues back in. The guys bought a cab. Did you forget you're all coupe guys? Give it 10 years and it will be with all the other cabs on car sales..

You park it near Heathrow for trips to the continent? Don't you drive it there?

...a little bit impressive mate

So is the plan to bring it down under once you satisfy the personal ownership requirements for import ? Please say yes please say yes ;)

Oh and congrats on the freakin awesome purchase. I am equally as green as everyone else

So is the plan to bring it down under once you satisfy the personal ownership requirements for import ? Please say yes please say yes ;)

Oh and congrats on the freakin awesome purchase. I am equally as green as everyone else

I might try to get a carnet to bring it to Oz temporarily, but the plan is to primarily use it in the UK and Continent. I'm coming back for Goodwood Festival of Speed next month and will take it on an alpine tour in September with some Adelaide friends coming to Frankfurt for the motor show. I'll fly to London, pick up the car and drive it to Germany, then Switzerland, Italy, Austria and back into Germany, before bringing it back to the UK.

I'm keeping the car to 5,000 rpm at the moment but it still feels shockingly fast. It seems to pull effortlessly in all gears and makes an incredible noise even at 5 grand. We haven't put the roof on all day. The car feels totally solid on the road and rides better than my 991 GT3. It feels a bit like a 911 Turbo with the way the front end pulls the car around corners, but rides and sounds quite different. The flat plane V8 sounds a tiny bit like a Ferrari but deeper and angrier. The Hybrid and Electric modes are amazing. I ran low on petrol late today and scooted back through the hedgerow zigzag roads in silence at really quick pace in E mode. The only aspect I'm not mad on is the seats that hold the torso well but don't feels as good as the GT3 seats. It might be in the adjustment so I'll see if I get used to them as other 918 owners tell me I will (there's a 918 Owners group on Facebook - very handy).24 hours in and 250km on the clock and I'm thrilled with it. I bought the car without seeing it (but I had sat in one in Vegas) so it was a big punt. So far, so good. :)

Wow wow wow wow wow WOW

VIDEO PLEASE

This was on the EVO triangle on Sunday, using Auto mode to keep the pace sensible. You'll notice I came across some 911s out for a run. I did 2,000km over the weekend so it's pretty much run in now.

• 1 month later...

I just dropped the car back into storage after 10 days in the UK timed to coincide with the Goodwood FOS. In 14 total days in the UK, I've done 4,000km. It's hard to stop driving it! Next stop - Germany in September. 

image.jpg

I just dropped the car back into storage after 10 days in the UK timed to coincide with the Goodwood FOS. In 14 total days in the UK, I've done 4,000km. It's hard to stop driving it! Next stop - Germany in September. 

image.jpg

looks like you have a few other things under wraps there mate. I must remember to show this to my wife to prove that I have a way to go before my collection could be considered 'a little out of control' ;)

Car looks great by the way

Archived