Your Magnus Walker style build, non 911

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the original shape WRX will be/is a "classic" of sorts.

Already a good original lightly/unmodified 1st shape car is worth more than later models.

Expect to pay around 8-10K for a nice 97-99 car or 6.5K for a 2003!

It's like aircooled vs watercooled at 1/10th!

Bet you don't see many coupes around though!!!  Only 399 made it to Oz and I dare say half of them no longer exist!

Let alone a 22B widebody coupe...  Only 424 worldwide.  Rarer than a 73RS or 964RS!

Already a good original lightly/unmodified 1st shape car is worth more than later models.

Bet you don't see many coupes around though!!!  Only 399 made it to Oz and I dare say half of them no longer exist!

Let alone a 22B widebody coupe...  Only 424 worldwide.  Rarer than a 73RS or 964RS!

yep..

friends GC8, really good allrounder. picked up for $6500. a lot of car for the money
iRokaRo.jpg

I did actually see a 22B for sale here in Aus a few months ago. I can't really remember but $300k comes to mind but I could be way off. Pretty sure they couldn't be registered in Aus though. 

As for driving cars though. I always found the WRX to be quick but a bit sterile to drive on the road. I suppose I like the feel of the rear end getting a bit squirlly if I push it a bit hard. 

yep..

friends GC8, really good allrounder. picked up for $6500. a lot of car for the money
iRokaRo.jpg

That is a really nice car for the money, I think that is one of the nicer shapes they've lost the plot in the last 5 or so years looks like Manga have been designing there cars for cartoons....

There was a 22b for sale recently, I remember reading/linking to the ad.

iirc it was registered, personal import I think.

i remember when the first STi coupes were for sale.  I remember seeing one in parramatta for $76k which I think was $10k above retail.

Hmmmm, more thoughts over beers with mates. 

How about a 914 with a sweet exhaust and worked 2.0 litre 4 pot? No crazy body mods but beefed up a bit :)

Are 914 parts hard to get and expensive?????

Yes and yes. Even entry level 914's are getting up in price.

Heres some engine prices   http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/index.php/porsche-912

A 944 perhaps? It'd be cheaper in the long run, easier to get bits for to upgrade suspension etc, and it'd handle better. Have a look at the one I just posted in Whats For Sale section

plus they have the all important racing heritage to go with it.  I'm with you, I think they will be sort after.

I thought about this one some more as well.

I'm thinking 635csi dropped and with impossibly wide wheels, painted in a lairy colour like bright blue.  Possibly with a m62 v8 and 6 speed dropped in and group a style square side exit exhausts.

I thought about this one some more as well.

I'm thinking 635csi dropped and with impossibly wide wheels, painted in a lairy colour like bright blue.  Possibly with a m62 v8 and 6 speed dropped in and group a style square side exit exhausts.

don't get me wrong i've loved six series for a long time; solidly built cruisers, but dynamically... eh not so sure i'd drive one all that hard. this one was for sale for 12k recently.

would love one with a turbo.. M30's love boost

M9uPSqB.jpg

Hmmmm, more thoughts over beers with mates. 

How about a 914 with a sweet exhaust and worked 2.0 litre 4 pot? No crazy body mods but beefed up a bit :)

Are 914 parts hard to get and expensive?????

Yep, 914 for me but I am biased ;)

Apparently Magnus is planning on adding his touch to one...

outlaw.jpeg

914 outlaw.jpeg

Yep, 914 for me but I am biased ;)

Apparently Magnus is planning on adding his touch to one...

outlaw.jpeg

914 outlaw.jpeg

Nice, take off the MW stickers and that is one sweet 914 :) I love the black car too. 

Change the name of the thread! These types of cars were around way before him.... :)

Mercedes SLC

MB-classic-308_zpshp32m9tl.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-AMG-40th-Anniversary-1980-

You can get a W203 series C class pretty cheap these days, a DTM race replica with a 5.5 litre V8 from an E55 would do nicely .....!

DTM_car_mercedes20061_zpsvl5t7fru.jpg

Hmmmm, bit of a Merc theme happening there for me!

Archived