Gratuitous Porsche Pics

3 hours ago, Raven said:

A very wet Bathurst yesterday :wacko:

Love-race-1.jpg

I sat though the whole coverage, and it was diabolical. The only good thing about it, was Dougie Barbour in his old Carerra getting second outright in the Historic Revival category against V8's etc, and even got into the lead at one stage. Thought he was going to take the win  over the line he was so close. Great drive.

Took some pics of the TV, buy can't post them here anymore for some reason

17 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I sat though the whole coverage, and it was diabolical. The only good thing about it, was Dougie Barbour in his old Carerra getting second outright in the Historic Revival category against V8's etc, and even got into the lead at one stage. Thought he was going to take the win  over the line he was so close. Great drive.

Today,s coverage of the Porsche race was a disgrace , we saw two laps and then got bombarded with TV adds off main sponsors  and commentators talking  crap very disappointing :blink:

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I AM RECEIVING NOTIFICATIONS AGAIN, JUST STARTED

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Today,s coverage of the Porsche race was a disgrace , we saw two laps and then got bombarded with TV adds off main sponsors  and commentators talking  crap very disappointing :blink:

That's always the way with the support categories of the V8 series. Nothing else matters except for the main game series, which is normal for any professional motorsport tv coverage....it's only about the money.

Imagine the time and money invested by mum n dad privateers (plus those teams like Mcelrea Porsche team) in every other support class who get treated like this! Not to mention the fans who save for a whole year to make the pilgrimage to these races, only for the organisers to completely f..k them over.

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

That's always the way with the support categories of the V8 series. Nothing else matters except for the main game series, which is normal for any professional motorsport tv coverage....it's only about the money.

Imagine the time and money invested by mum n dad privateers (plus those teams like Mcelrea Porsche team) in every other support class who get treated like this! Not to mention the fans who save for a whole year to make the pilgrimage to these races, only for the organisers to completely f..k them over.

That is why I am not a fan of V8 supercars there was plenty time to have the Porsche cup race ,that is all I wanted to see.

I dont understand why they got 2 laps it was well over an hour before the main event .

A car went off and needed pulling out safety car was released they went for an ad break and then no more Porsche cup racing ...???

When you watch GT racing , WEC, DTM ,IMSA and even F1 there is no were near as many ads and fools talking crap like there is with the V8,s :wacko:

1 hour ago, Raven said:

That is why I am not a fan of V8 supercars there was plenty time to have the Porsche cup race ,that is all I wanted to see.

I dont understand why they got 2 laps it was well over an hour before the main event 

The main reason I watch Supercars is for Carerra cup too.

I think they may have cut it short to clean up turn one before the V8's started, as there was a water pipe burst halfway up mountain straight which was flooding turn one. Regardless, it just shows the disregard the organisers have for all support categories 

27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

The main reason I watch Supercars is for Carerra cup too.

I think they may have cut it short to clean up turn one before the V8's started, as there was a water pipe burst halfway up mountain straight which was flooding turn one. Regardless, it just shows the disregard the organisers have for all support categories 

Yes I looked on natsoft and the race was terminated only after 2 laps , just would have been nice if they had of mentioned that on the telecast instead od going into 40 minutes of bullshit , still dont understand why it was a simple recovery of car stuck on the grass , but yeh 100% right its all about V8,s and big corporate sponsors .

I dont think the water pipe got repaired in the end , there was constant flow of water there all day ......????