Gratuitous Porsche Pics

7 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Phillip Island Historics today. Only a static display this year unfortunately.

IMG_20240309_114854651_HDR.thumb.jpg.503d9fe4d7cede7c7b9dc81ea77658ca.jpg

Quite a few Porsches in the pits, but too hot to stop and take photos...

Martin, same last year, neither the Blaupunkt or Leyton House cars ran 😞 

17 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Martin, same last year, neither the Blaupunkt or Leyton House cars ran 😞 

Pretty sure the Iseki did run though?

To make up for it, a whole posse of F5000's have flown across from NZ.

21 F5000's on the grid this weekend! 😄

13 hours ago, Dalai said:

That is an event I certainly want to get to next year saw lots of cool cars and posts on social Media , looks like a fantastic event .:Beer:

On 10/03/2024 at 07:22, Raven said:

That is an event I certainly want to get to next year saw lots of cool cars and posts on social Media , looks like a fantastic event .:Beer:

Definitely worth the trip. Not only the biggest collection of special cars competing and open pits where you can walk through the garages and talk to the owners, but also hundreds of classic cars on the outfield to see.

On 09/03/2024 at 20:24, Dalai said:

Just on a side note,Who pays to cart these race cars around the to the events? It must cost thousands. So are sponsors paying ,Race teams, individuals? Or do the circuts pay appearance money and the gate covers it.?

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Just on a side note,Who pays to cart these race cars around the to the events? It must cost thousands. So are sponsors paying ,Race teams, individuals? Or do the circuts pay appearance money and the gate covers it.?

9.5/10 the owners of exotica like that have their own transporters or hire one, and they've usually got a volunteer crew to help out. 

Highly unlikely any circuits (especially Philip Island) would pay anyone to take their cars to an event, unless it was THE draw card and they want them there and they were the promoters.

With the Adelaide Motorsport Festival on this weekend with a Mazda 787B in attendance and being a drawcard, I'd say they might be getting some assistance. Then you have Valteri Bottas, Damon Hill, ex HAAS Gunther Steiner and some pommy F1 commentator attending, they wouldn't be doing it for nothing.

AND we have our very own @spiller driving his 996 cup car, so he'd be getting paid thousands just for rolling up 👍😁

Well I just saw this on Stalk Stalkbook 

Only a Benetton F1 on the back of a flat top

Screenshot_20240313-095604_Facebook.jpg

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

Very 

Back in the day with the Nitro bikes with our little pop up shop full of go faster bits the venue used to charge us about 5 k to rent the space to flog our bits and park the trailer for the bikes. We would bearley make gas money and come home with a broken engine.

12 hours ago, tomo said:

Many of the guys racing aren't short a few Pesos. He wasn't at Phillip Island this year, but one regular driver Guido usually shows up with his two 1985 Ferrari F1 cars!

I was drooling walking through the pits just looking at the different transporters and towing rigs! I'm at the other end of the spectrum and will have to make do with my small enclosed trailer once I upgrade my tow car. 

14 hours ago, tomo said:

Met a few times,Long time ago now though. We actually brought 1 of their 7 sec Nitro shovels.

This was the old shop 3o years ago.20240308_170303.thumb.jpg.59a28c0e0d7c68a3c59f5020df01c18c.jpg