Radar Detectors

Now available new model  

If anyone wants one PM me   

Member offer  $799.00 inc Gst and postage  in Australia 

Other models avail , fixed mount ect ...

NEW Updated Hardware - Now Detects Gatso CD, MultaRadar CD & MultaRadar T - UNDETECTABLE

• With new hardware upgrades, the Redline is now the only portable detector on the market that detects all new frequency shifting radar speed cameras  - Gatso CD (used in Queensland), MultaRadar CD & MultaRadar T (used throughout the east coast)

• Dual antenna design for extreme range with NEW improved sensitivity

• Complete stealth with Totalshield technology - Undetectable to all radar detector detectors (RDD's)

• Multi-sensor laser protection

• Segmented K and Ka Bands for fewer false alerts
  • 98f3a2db-c338-43b6-b3a7-a6c923489ade.jpg

Yes, these are illegal BIG time.  Not worth the risk....how about don't speed ?  Safer and cheaper!

Marijuana is also illegal .... big time. But a ton of the population still uses it ...... (sorry, couldn't help myself).

Does anyone use one? 

Im all on board with not speeding, but with the proliferation of cameras...it's only a matter of time before you get caught doing something mundane.  What's the penalty for having a detector?

when I was a kid my dad had a detector.

got busted doing 150 because the cops had only just set up shop and he was the first car they buzzed. Oops.

Taken from an article on drive.com

In NSW, it is a $1556 fine and nine demerit points to use a radar detector “or speed evasion device” (the wording changed because police also use laser devices to track speed), another $1556 ticket to own, buy or sell. And another $1556 if you fail to surrender the device.

That’s more than three times the average fine for carrying an unlicensed firearm. According to the Australian Defense Lawyers website, citing statistics from the Judicial Commission of NSW, the average penalty in NSW for carrying an unlicensed firearm is $400.

In Victoria, drivers caught with a radar detector are charged to appear in court and the device is seized as evidence, where the maximum fine is $2816.80 (20 penalty units at $140.84 each).

Read more: http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/the-road-rules-you-didnt-know-20120816-24bzf.html#ixzz3seqsF5ej 

Follow us: @drivecomau on Twitter | Drive.com.au on Facebook

Taken from an article on drive.com

In NSW, it is a $1556 fine and nine demerit points to use a radar detector “or speed evasion device” (the wording changed because police also use laser devices to track speed), another $1556 ticket to own, buy or sell. And another $1556 if you fail to surrender the device.

That’s more than three times the average fine for carrying an unlicensed firearm. According to the Australian Defense Lawyers website, citing statistics from the Judicial Commission of NSW, the average penalty in NSW for carrying an unlicensed firearm is $400.

In Victoria, drivers caught with a radar detector are charged to appear in court and the device is seized as evidence, where the maximum fine is $2816.80 (20 penalty units at $140.84 each).

Read more: http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/the-road-rules-you-didnt-know-20120816-24bzf.html#ixzz3seqsF5ej 

Follow us: @drivecomau on Twitter | Drive.com.au on Facebook

so, why would you even bother....  If your Porsche doesn't have cruise control, spend the money on that instead!

Had one years ago when I was on the road big time for work.  It was a Cobra model or something like that and yeah it definitely saved me from several mundane type fines ie 10 or so kays over.  I would not say it would have been capable of totally saving me from higher speeds such as 150+ though.

Mine is now in an evidence bag somewhere and my wallet was lightened 1300 odd at the time and the licence took the 9 point hit so I guess over time it evened out.  Can't say it wasn't a bit of fun though :)  but I wouldn't bother with one again as the police are pretty clued up on catching people with them.

I like the unlicensed firearm comparison too....   Poor Australia  :( 

Excuse my ignorance,  if it's detecting RADAR then it's a receiver. i.e. not a transmitter.   How do the rozzers know if you have one onboard?

From Wikipedea

radar detector detector (RDD) is a device used in areas where radar detectors are declared illegal.

Radar detectors are built around a superheterodyne receiver, which has a local oscillator that radiates slightly. It is therefore possible to build a radar-detector detector, which detects such emissions (usually the frequency of the radar type being detected, plus about 10 MHz for the intermediate frequency). Some radar guns are equipped with such a device.

History[edit]

VG-2 Interceptor was lastly the first device developed for this purpose, although more current technology such as the Spectre III (Stalcar in Australia) is now available.[1] This form of "electronic warfare" cuts both ways and since detector-detectors use a similar superheterodyne receiver, many early "stealth" radar detectors were equipped with a radar-detector-detector-detector circuit, which shuts down the main radar receiver when the detector-detector's signal is detected, thus preventing detection by such equipment. This technique borrows from ELINT surveillance countermeasures. In the early 1990s, BEL-Tronics, Inc. of Ontario, Canada (where radar detector use is prohibited) found that the local oscillator frequency of the detector could be altered to be out of the range of the VG-2 Interceptor. This resulted in a wave of detector manufacturers changing their local-oscillator frequency. Today, practically every radar detector on the market is immune to the VG-2 Interceptor[citation needed].

The Spectre III detected almost every radar detector certified for operation in the United States by the Federal Communications Commission as of December 2004. However counter technology has evolved rapidly, so that by July 2008, even budget radar detectors were able to avoid detection by the device.[2] Then, in late 2008, the SpectreIV was released, citing improved range and reliability over the Spectre III.

Sounds like something from Police Academy  "Officer, is that a radar detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector in your pocket?"

Going by that, the radar detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector would belong to the motorist, would it not?

Going by that, the radar detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector-detector would belong to the motorist, would it not?

Yep, the -detector count lands on the motorist.  You've put way too much thought into this, Stew.

I think that if you need a radar detector then you probably need to have a think about how you are driving?

If you want to go fast, go to the track.

On a fine day, on a road that is quiet, sure open it up and let your car have its head a bit. Time, place, circumstance. 

If you have an accident and have a radar detector fitted (an illegal device) can this negate your insurance payout? I don't honestly know, but it's a good question, any Insurance guys in the PFA??? Worth the risk? 

If you get those fines for using the device how will that affect your next application on a new insurance policy? Again I don't know but I can imagine it may harm your cause. 

Just putting it out there guys. :blink:

Excuse my ignorance,  if it's detecting RADAR then it's a receiver. i.e. not a transmitter.   How do the rozzers know if you have one onboard?

a mate used to have one and he told me that if they think you have one (not sure how they work that out) they get you to start the car and then they point the radar at the car and the other cop has his head in the car window listening for the thing to beep or whatever they do.

Archived