Members Porsche Picture Gallery

ANF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one here with a boyhood dream that finally came to pass.

'95 993 with some preferable (to me) mods. Bilstein PSS10s, short shift, RS mounts, RS strutt brace and 18s.

Have had her for four years in March and put about 33Kms on her.  I think she's a keeper!

IMAG0271-4.jpg

IMAG0057_zpsdf5b52c3.jpg

996 GT2 Touring 

1 of 29 Aus delivered (rumoured to be 15-20 remaining) 

New engine built by Peter Fitzgerald

i like this photo taken by PO during PCNSW Concourse 2013 (which it won).  Now on Vic plates.

photo%201_1.jpg

A very pfa stretch of road

0BE036A9-8E42-484D-962B-867DE4C6B4A4.jpg

Previously, my first P car 964 C2, if only I could buy that again for $51k that I paid late 2013.....this is the day I picked it up and drove to Ceva to ship it to Melbourne.  Great day.

IMG_0203.jpg

Another one here with a boyhood dream that finally came to pass.

'95 993 with some preferable (to me) mods. Bilstein PSS10s, short shift, RS mounts, RS strutt brace and 18s.

Have had her for four years in March and put about 33Kms on her.  I think she's a keeper!

IMAG0271-4.jpg

IMHO the 993 arse is the best looking arse of all 911's 

I like the stance on that

Thanks. Eibach springs and Koni adjustables. Sitting a fraction lower than RS ride height. With the shitty roads we have around Sydney the front tends to sit a bit too low so have to be careful driving around the inner city

love the rusty eyes :) 

when is completion date?

The conjunctivitis will have cleared up by the time it is back on the road. I am hoping to have it done in a few months, but it depends on whether I can find a 3.2 to put into it. The alternative is to rebuild the 2.7, but that is going to take a lot more time. 

Here are some more pics of my Cayman S which has moved on. It had a Remus exhaust and was lowered 20mm with 19's. Looked gorgeous, but it was a bit loud and impractical as a daily driver. 

cay5_zpsganyp5r5.jpg

cay3_zps2n6qmgmx.jpg

996 GT2 Touring 

i like this photo taken by PO during PCNSW Concourse 2013 (which it won).  Now on Vic plates.

photo%201_1.jpg

996 GT2 :wub: my fav modern Porsche!! 

996 GT2 Touring 

photo%201_1.jpg

The front bumper on the 996GT2 gives the 996 an amazingly aggressive look. I really wish the GT3 had this front bumper:(

Thanks. Eibach springs and Koni adjustables. Sitting a fraction lower than RS ride height. With the shitty roads we have around Sydney the front tends to sit a bit too low so have to be careful driving around the inner city

I think mine needs to come down just a tad lower than RS height too. Yours looks bang on!

I think mine needs to come down just a tad lower than RS height too. Yours looks bang on!

I was probably boardering on OCD about getting the ride height set at a level that was visually appealing to me. Being a big fan of the slammed 964 look (yes I know that is not to everyone's taste) I had many heated debates with the suspension guys--I wanted lower and they kept telling me I was an idiot for wanting to go lower. In the end I think the suspension guys were right in calling me an idiot--I really like the right height now and in retrospect anything lower would have suggested I was on drugs.

I was probably boarding on OCD about getting the ride height set at a level that was visually appealing to me. Being a big fan of the slammed 964 look (yes I know that is not to everyone's taste) I had many heated debates with the suspension guys--I wanted lower and they kept telling me I was an idiot for wanting to go lower. In the end I think the suspension guys were right in calling me an idiot--I really like the right height now and in retrospect anything lower would have suggested I was on drugs.

Yes, it's a delicate balance!

I was probably boardering on OCD about getting the ride height set at a level that was visually appealing to me. Being a big fan of the slammed 964 look (yes I know that is not to everyone's taste) I had many heated debates with the suspension guys--I wanted lower and they kept telling me I was an idiot for wanting to go lower. In the end I think the suspension guys were right in calling me an idiot--I really like the right height now and in retrospect anything lower would have suggested I was on drugs.

Well you've done a great job.

If you have time and don't mind, can you please measure centre of the wheel to the wheel arch and let me know what your dimensions are? Wouldn't mind seeing how far off I am and where I can come down. 

Well you've done a great job.

If you have time and don't mind, can you please measure centre of the wheel to the wheel arch and let me know what your dimensions are? Wouldn't mind seeing how far off I am and where I can come down. 

no probs poli. give me a week or so as i'm about to head away for biz for a week.

• 1 month later...

996 GT3 Touring, has a few bolt on bits that make it go it a bit faster and turn a bit better. Exists in various guises depending on what sort of mood I'm in.

IMG_3779_zps7406da55.jpg

IMG_4611_zpspuqftn5n.jpg

IMG_4921_zps4if7bcty.jpg

And wife's 2009 Cayenne, fitted with 20inch GTS look replica wheels.

FullSizeRender_zps17614b25.jpg

Archived