Members Porsche Picture Gallery

ANF

I recently proposed a new picture thread for PFA members cars (http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/8061-members-cars-photos-poll/), the consensus, although limited, was for one thread for Porsche cars owned by member's and another for other marques owned by PFA members.

So let's try a thread for the great Porsche cars that you own :) Maybe include a brief description about your car (year, model, extras, mods, anything unique about your car), so people can find it later. Let's try and keep it about the cars and not waffle on diverse tangents :D

Please post away :) (I will hopefully be able to add something myself soon..... )

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i'll get the ball rolling. 

1986 944 turbo. 

I suppose you'd call it modified... (i'll probably miss a bit)

A bit about how it's modded - So the idea always was to keep it "feeling" like a 1980's turbo porsche. So having turbo lag (to a point) was a key part of it. Having linear torque curve was the other part. 

Engine:
Stock 2.5L rebuild short block.
Custom spec head - Bigger valves, Ti retainers, spring ect the works. 
Custom cam - It works ok on the street....
GTX3076R
3" turbo back exhaust. 
M-Tune + extras
(there's a bit i've missed which is a bunch of custom parts we've made at the shop)

Suspension:
KW v3 coilovers 
brass ball joints (instead of the plastic things that i didn't like)

Wheels:
Enkei Nt03s 9"s front 10"s rear

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

10726668_984709978212784_357659764_n.jpg

^^ I've known Brandon since the early GTCC days. In fairness I never really spent a lot of time with GTCC because back then I was starting up Skylines Australia Vic and it was hard to fit it all in, but I did come to a couple of events on his request in my old R34 GT-R.

1966 912. Was a good candidate for a resto and my first Porsche when I saw it, so I pulled the pin and bought it. 

Very long story as short as possible. Floor pan replaced, no other major rust issues (thankfully). Stripped off the house paint that had been applied by a one eyed Pirate with a potato, and back to bare metal revealing some decent dents in the doors. A mate learnt how to shrink metal then hammer n dollied the whole car, then applied 3 coats of black (its original colour) and 5 of clear (I think) Engine was basically buggered, so it has now been totally rebuilt and being fitted within a week or so. Hope to have it all running and driving within that time frame.

It's been a 'preservation' more than a resto, as it retains most of the original interior except for door trims and dash pad. Carpet, seats etc is all original, as I wanted a car to drive at any time, not a trailer queen. I still have some minor things to do that I should have done a while ago (lazy and impatient), yet they will be done when I can

20150814_090805.jpg

I buy cars that are accident free and have solid bones without major mods. Then I proceed to replace/refurbish anything that is needed in the way of steering , brakes , suspension and 100% reliable cold and hot starts. Then I buy tyres. Then I fix up the myriad of things most people never get around to. Bushings, seals , CV joints , fuel lines, electrical items big & small etc. I don't like gummed up , skewiff or dysfunctional items. Any spare household cash is used for regular tyre replacement , oil and fluid changes , rego and insurance and buying other brands for similar treatment. Oh , and maintaining offspring's vehicles.

Hence

'81 924 : Lux version imported from UK well before any semblance of corrosion. I painted the wheels (it was a factory option). Pascha :lol:

Goldilocks%20and%20Le%20Frog.jpg

'85 944: 2 owner ex Scuderia Veloce , completely original car when I bought it.

RRR_Richmond.jpg

'82 928S with hybrid 5L engine. Original NZ delivery , has some history, used to be Pascha seats but now only doorcards. ROH Monaco wheels.

B2.jpg

'78 911SC LHD ex Japan , bought with completely rebuilt engine (head studs etc) + quality paint job (in Japan); Now has 108,000km on clock and that "rare" paint colour & tartan seats. Gone through everything that needed replacing and installed SSIs , Monty muffler , backdated heating.

911sc_ferngreen_rearqtr_1.jpg

Stripped off the house paint that had been applied by a one eyed Pirate with a potato,

20150814_090805.jpg

Hahahahaha. I will pay that line. I think I have come across a few paint jobs in my time painted by the same pirate (although he may have been using a different potato?).

Like every toy I had as a kid this one gets pulled apart now and then to see how it works.  ?

DSC08120.jpg

It started life as a desert stormer in Arizona.  After 10 years was brought to Aus and made RHD. 

I'm the 3rd owner, the po hardly drove it so I found it as a low km barn find under an antique shop. Over the years I've been right through it fixing and upgrading any worn or aged bits (doing most of it myself).  Essentially she's still pretty stock, so easily copes with daily duties but is mostly just a weekend stress reliever now. 

1980 911SC -16" Fuchs, Recaro sport buckets, de-winged, and lightened by removing anything which doesn't really need to be there, big box of removed/replaced bits in the roof space?

Taz,

If you could only have one, what would it be and why?

Tough call!

Probably the 928 because it can do everything the others can,  except better. Built like a granitic shithouse , most solid car I've had. If you had to drive from Melbourne to Brisbane in a day...and finish with a relaxed smile.

The others all have their good and bad points like most Porsches. But compared to their contemporary rivals , they've outlived them in so many ways.

I guess my cars have been pretty well documented on PFA..

the 964 4 that is no longer with me

the 997tt that will more than likely be consigned this week

and my lovely 930. Even the misses likes the look of this one. My two favorite shots - 'in action' (will never stop driving this thing), and 'tails up' a pic that adorns the service section of the autohaus website - fuck knows what they are trying to tell me ;)

IMG_0900_zpsakeofir5.jpg

10544270_280410728831051_1642245103_n_zp

11056595_1610625285855601_18666899118128

10996446_968608323212348_419915747173204

After a long-ish search across the UK I found my 2010 997.2 Carrera 4S. Badly wanted a white one, but there were so few on the market. Luckily mine has the 3 not-negotiable options I was after also - PSE, Chrono Sports Plus, and Sports Seats. Overall fairly immaculate car. Will be coming back to Aus with me later this year.

20150606_085000_resized_1_zps7ourjq70.jp

Steeringwhell1_zpsevgmlobr.jpg

20150707_150559_zpsyusoghtk.jpg

We celebrated our 3rd anniversary together a couple weeks ago. The car I dreamed about as a kid and then as an adult. 1 of 40 M491 coupes delivered to Aus. This ones an '89 so one of the last. No mods except for an M & K 1 in 1 or 2 out depending on my mood. Will always put a smile on my face when I turn that key.

11094918224_5aebfdc3d9_c.jpgPorsche 911 Carrera 3p by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

11095160083_ca34cfdb3c_c.jpgPorsche 911 Carrera 3.2c by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

Shameless plug of my little video

The daily drive is the ugly, apparently unreliable 2000 996 C2. Coming up on 2 years ownership and still enjoying punting it around the city. Slammed on Eibach Springs, it did used to scream through Fister mufflers but I'm currently going through a quiet phase so the stock mufflers are on. Despite its reputation, it has been good to me so far (touch wood).

16244216435_bb82f10959_c.jpgpIMG_4037 (1280x853) by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

2007 Cayenne S. It does what it's supposed to do very well and I still think it's the pick of the bunch in its class. Incredibly comfortable, fantastic build quality, plenty of grunt to tow the boat. But I'm not an SUV guy so it does nothing for me. Every time we go away on a family trip, I spew that I ever sold my VE Clubsport.

15352231339_3a6568c584_z.jpgIMG_3849 by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

1978 aus delivered 911SC. 964 motor with cup cams and fabspeed RSR exhaust system, DP front lip, seine gateshift, roll cage etc. Has served for ten years of track use, and road trips to port douglas, to melbourne and everything in between.
2cU0hU0.jpg

gWdtOsL.jpg

df2NGll.jpg?1

1991 964 3.3 turbo. Originally a US car but converted there to RHD and brought back in the mid 90's by an Ansett pilot. Languished on the market due to colour and conversion status. Buyers (and seller) feared the conversion had been botched due to steering not working quite right. Don Munro advised us that the conversion was fine except for the LHD steering rack being re-used as the workshop in the US could not source a RHD one, so mounted the original one upside down.. and that the seller did not believe Don everytime he mentioned this lol. So took the punt, fitted a RHD 993 rack and has driven flawlessly since.

dqhsEWQ.jpg?1

kDlW2G1.jpg?1

HDp4QRZ.jpg?1

1991 964 3.3 turbo. Originally a US car but converted there to RHD and brought back in the mid 90's by an Ansett pilot. Languished on the market due to colour and conversion status. Buyers (and seller) feared the conversion had been botched due to steering not working quite right. Don Munro advised us that the conversion was fine except for the LHD steering rack being re-used as the workshop in the US could not source a RHD one, so mounted the original one upside down.. and that the seller did not believe Don everytime he mentioned this lol. So took the punt, fitted a RHD 993 rack and has driven flawlessly since.

dqhsEWQ.jpg?1

Great story, love the colour :)

1957 356A Speedster replica. Many many Porsche parts utilised in the build including the engine, which is from a coupe that was beyond repair. 12000kms since construction. 

10153632_10151941776871577_838994825_n.j

1967 912 with a 73 2.4E motor in it. Currently undergoing a gearbox rebuild that is taking way too long. 

1901327_10151916231321577_968118487_n.jp

Archived