Chinese clones / copies - The Landwind

Check this out - a direct copy of the Rangie Evoque..

mAgf9Gp.jpg

4inpKLg.jpg

alg3df4.jpg

From Wikipedia:

Landwind X7 01 -- Auto Shanghai 
Overview
Manufacturer Landwind
Production 2015–present
Body and chassis
Class Compact crossover SUV
Related Land Rover Evoque
Powertrain
Transmission 8-speed Automatic
Dimensions
Wheelbase 2,670 mm (105 in)
Length 4,420 mm (174 in)
Width 1,910 mm (75 in)
Height 1,630 mm (64 in)
Curb weight (Curb) 1,775 kg (3,913 lb)
The back of the Landwind X7

The Landwind X7 is a Compact crossover SUV produced by the Chinese manufacturer Landwind since 2015.
Controversy

Jaguar Land Rover has complained to Chinese authorities that the Landwind X7 is an unlicensed clone of their Land Rover Evoque.[1] However, authorities had done nothing to stop the production of the SUV.

Not an isolated case unfortunately, the Chinese are ripping off all the "luxury" brands and some that are not so luxury... with nothing the car companies can do about it!!

one thing i do admire about the Chinese is that they look after their own and do,t give a rats bum what the rest of the world thinks ,,as apposed to us who are always worried about what other nations may think ...........-_-

That might be true that they look after their own, yet blatantly ripping off another manufacturers product with cheap crap, and giving the rest of the world the finger is normal for China also! 

The Chinese do not look after their own. It's quite a poisonous place , and not just the rampant pollution. e.g. kids http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35994481

The best current estimate suggests that more than 60 million children are growing up in the Chinese countryside while their parents live and work elsewhere, manning the assembly lines and operating the construction machinery at the heart of China's economic miracle.

The entire world wants to be middle class. Except for the top 1%, who don't give a rats.

The Chinese do not look after their own. It's quite a poisonous place , and not just the rampant pollution. e.g. kids http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35994481

The entire world wants to be middle class. Except for the top 1%, who don't give a rats.

On one hand they are great times we live in and on the other they are devastating times ... a sign of things to come one day... my pragmatic view - I'm a conspiracy realist ... maybe I should post this in VENT, hmmm that top 1%, sorry thread hijack..

Ok back to the RandWova - Top Gear years back did half a program on exactly these rip offs and the progress of the car industry, progress, and ownership in China - mindblowing to get your head around it!

I did see that top gear episode and found it very amusing ,,it had the usual top gear humor about it,,,I think its fair to say that in the next decade China will be a major player in the global car market ,,,,very much in the same way as the Japanese and Korean manufacturers are now ,,,Australia will certainly be one of their export markets ,,A neighbor 3 doors up has one of those great wall Utes and claims its not all that bad ,,,its cheap and reliable and gets him from A to B 

I did see that top gear episode and found it very amusing ,,it had the usual top gear humor about it,,,I think its fair to say that in the next decade China will be a major player in the global car market ,,,,very much in the same way as the Japanese and Korean manufacturers are now ,,,Australia will certainly be one of their export markets ,,A neighbor 3 doors up has one of those great wall Utes and claims its not all that bad ,,,its cheap and reliable and gets him from A to B 

Yep, Daihatsu, Kia, Isuzu etc even Suzuki were all el cheapo pieces of crap when they came to our market but money talks and people buy and then they improve to the standard that is lowered over the years... now we have tata from India I think....gotta laugh saw a great wall ute and the tradie had stuck across the tailgate "GREAT WALL" crossed out - and then under it "GREAT HEAP OF SHIT" ....I'm even guilty, amongst my bikes I have a Skyteam Ace, a café racer Chinese bike copy (they own the Honda rights to it) of an old Honda Grand Prix bike...not quite a heap of shit but is a heap of fun - ever since I stripped 15 kgs from it and whacked a 250 in it

,A neighbor 3 doors up has one of those great wall Utes and claims its not all that bad ,,,its cheap and reliable and gets him from A to B 

One of my mates from work has a Great Wall ute, and it has been recalled around 10 times now for inferior parts to be replaced. Either bodgy plastic where it shouldn't have been, or asbestos, the list goes on.

Great wall, great joke, I cannot believe that it is allowed into this country with asbestos in the head gasket and who knows where else! Says a lot about the Chinese if they still use it in manufacturing!

When one of the great wall models failed the ancap testing (dismally - in the lower 20 percentile region) they were sent a letter to explain certain issues and how they would address them for the Australian market. They failed to respond, yet they are still allowed to sell the junk here.  On the other side of the coin, an Australian made item that fails similar testing regimes would immediately be removed from sale. 

Just goes to show the idiocy of this country and how it is run by any politician from any party.

You can imagine the international companies exec's.

'USA won't take our products!' 

'Thats ok, we'll dump it in Australia and make a fortune!' 

A collective laugh ensues across the board of directors, and they give themselves another condomimium and a pat on the back

Thats ok, we'll dump it in Australia and make a fortune!' 

A collective laugh ensues across the board of directors, and they give themselves another condomimium and a pat on the back

Profits reinvested in Aussie real estate, farms etc

Seems a fair trade to me.

China take millions of tons of black smog making sh1t.

Australia takes sh1t products that need repairs or replacing.

Allow Chinese investment in the highest level of real estate. 

Allow Australians investment in errrr sh1t.

No matter, there are plenty of  ozzys willing to roll the dice.

We also have lots of land to dump the sh1t.

Archived