CAYMAN GT4 Duttons.....

The one at Duttons is the one that used to have the questionable sticker job (lots of black and red ones).

There are a few nice ones for sale currently - and at the right price. The GR / Black with the clubsport is the pick for me (agree it would have been even better if it was Carmine).

A mate of mine also just had his one arrive at PCM - BUT he can no longer take delivery (wife issue). It's a really nice spec - Agate/Black like below with Clubsport, and lots of great interior trim options. I'm guessing it will be advertised shortly.

23082616210_54c7904e52_o.jpg

Maybe not the black JDM wheels, but Carmine, YES.FB_IMG_1440549126774_zps8rhwplcu.jpg

I am a ricer at heart.

The one at Duttons is the one that used to have the questionable sticker job (lots of black and red ones).

There are a few nice ones for sale currently - and at the right price. The GR / Black with the clubsport is the pick for me (agree it would have been even better if it was Carmine).

A mate of mine also just had his one arrive at PCM - BUT he can no longer take delivery (wife issue). It's a really nice spec - Agate/Black like below with Clubsport, and lots of great interior trim options. I'm guessing it will be advertised shortly.

23082616210_54c7904e52_o.jpg

I need that red one in my garage...NOW. Carmine looks so much better than GR though, it doesn't go orange in the sunlight. 245K on a cayman is a lot of depreciation though.

Surely the Cayman GT4 is the car Porsche we're never going to build for fear of killing the divide between the 911 and the Cayman..

But then they realised how much money they could make! Bwahahah

• 3 weeks later...

What is the current thought on pricing? Lots of choice at the moment with bugger all mileage on any of them.

Might be time to jump out of the 997 and give something else a go. Hard to know how much of the GT4 noise is hype - only one way to find out I spose.

There was 170 that came into Australia (other 40 odd were NZ cars).

I know I'm probably biased - but these cars are genuinely fantastic. So much fun and so capable as a sports car too without being "too much" for the streets.

The pick for me currently of the ones on market is the red / clubsport.

FWIW - the blue one for sale in Vic (pic below) is the original press car that the journo blew the motor on at PI when they grabbed 2nd instead of 4th.

So it does have a brand new engine (fitted last week at Brighton) so no matter what the history reports say about over-revs it doesn't really matter in that case.

12120083_10154279037567564_6958625304090

There was 170 that came into Australia (other 40 odd were NZ cars).

I know I'm probably biased - but these cars are genuinely fantastic. So much fun and so capable as a sports car too without being "too much" for the streets.

The pick for me currently of the ones on market is the red / clubsport.

FWIW - the blue one for sale in Vic (pic below) is the original press car that the journo blew the motor on at PI when they grabbed 2nd instead of 4th.

So it does have a brand new engine (fitted last week at Brighton) so no matter what the history reports say about over-revs it doesn't really matter in that case.

12120083_10154279037567564_6958625304090

This is why I never buy the press cars no matter how cheap, even with a new engine. Knowing that a journo from wheels/motor/caradvice/carsguide has had their ham-fisted way with it takes the shine off somewhat. I've never mistaken 2nd for 4th gear and I'm no expert driver. Recently I had an opportunity to trade my 991 PDK GTS at the time for a white GTS in manual ("Porsche executive driven"), but then after seeing the exact car being taken through the motions in a Youtube review, I stopped the deal.

Shame about the blue one, that is my pick of the colours, closely followed by that Carmine Red. I like all the loud colours - its nice to see some p-cars with 'personality'.

Went and checked out a RS3 yesterday so that might sate the urge for something different for a while. 2 years of daily in the 997 has been awesome but the kids are getting older and the kms are starting to rack up. Might keep the 997 for a while longer, get something cheaper and fun like the RS3 and sit and wait to see what happens with prices.

$240k gives you a lot of options.

Archived