Wide Body Hotrod Build

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wouldn't be seen dead (or alive) in a bright coloured car Adam!

I have had bright cars before and my favourite car colour is Speed Yellow :)

It may have hindered resale value, but then again eventually it does need a respray....

30,000 people from 100 countries represent the rest of the worlds few billion peoples opinion as to what is the best colour, and it's that? 

Lets hope the majority of those people aren't asked to vote on the worlds favourite food! 

I quite like that turquoise green blue color too and can see why so many people like it ,,so there you go mate Marrs Green ..........its out of this world :Chuckle2:

Know get the car to paint quick before this color becomes old ....

30,000 people from 100 countries represent the rest of the worlds few billion peoples opinion as to what is the best colour, and it's that? 

Lets hope the majority of those people aren't asked to vote on the worlds favourite food! 

When we all have to wear the same any shiny jump suits, at least they'll know what colour to pick...

Assume "coated" is powder coated ? Just about to head down the same path. Be interested to hear what you think. Was thinking black shroud silver fan. 

Ceramic coated.

Bottom one looks mint, can't say i would be happy with the top one.

Top one is mine.  Thx for the support :P

So the shell isn't as good as I'd hoped.  Rear guards needed rebuilding, one part of the rear floorpan needed replacing, and rust through the front end of the floorpan near the pedal box.  Also rust where the battery sits but this all got cut out for the longhood conversion.  Least it's making progress...Cars eh?  Who do them.

Dead rear floorpan

IMG_6924.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

Front floorpan and frunk area repair and longhood conversion

IMG_6915.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

Rear guard rebuild

IMG_6905.jpg

IMG_6910.jpg

Shoulda just used some street signs like what was on the floor of my 912. Place I bought it from says 'Naaah, that'll pass rego inspection no worries!' 

Ofcourse it will mate.

Looking good Chops. You doing it yaself? 

Shoulda just used some street signs like what was on the floor of my 912. Place I bought it from says 'Naaah, that'll pass rego inspection no worries!' 

Ofcourse it will mate.

Looking good Chops. You doing it yaself? 

lol, am i fuck doing it myself.  You clearly don't know me!  Been 2 decades since I had dirt under my fingernails and I'm a retard when it comes to work like this.  Wish I wasn't but that's the truth.

Exciting!!!

Yes but my bank account just sent me an email saying WTF?

Yes but my bank account just sent me an email saying WTF?

The inevitable my brother, the unexpected is purely the depth the hand needs to go into the pocket :wacko:

For the record, I quite like the fan. Two tone two shmone! The marks/chips add character to it's dirtiness

The inevitable my brother, the unexpected is purely the depth the hand needs to go into the pocket :wacko:

For the record, I quite like the fan. Two tone two shmone! The marks/chips add character to it's dirtiness

Very zen.  Very true.

Engine fan and shroud coated. Mines the 2 tone one and I'm not sure I like it that much...It'll do.  Fan looks a little average too but hard to tell until I've seen it in the flesh.

IMG_6838.jpg

The 964 fans are known to delaminate with time and have a little fly around the engine bay, this one shows early signs (chipped ends), I wouldn't risk it on a build like this, pony up for a new one Mr Chops!

The 964 fans are known to delaminate with time and have a little fly around the engine bay, this one shows early signs (chipped ends), I wouldn't risk it on a build like this, pony up for a new one Mr Chops!

I'll look into that.  Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

any reason for a ceramic v a powder coat for the fan? 

Aesthetics.  Ceramic coat is much much thinner and therefore the parts do not look coated, plus the look is much better in terms of the colours, sheen etc.  IMHO.

Fun times.  Only $550 US for a new one plus freight of course...

Catch can.

IMG_6941-L.jpg

Fuel pump.  Not very sexy but it's progress...

IMG_6940-L.jpg

Thanks re coating. Spoke to my engine builder and he wasn't a fan of powder coating either. There is a local guy that does different coatings for the aviation industry he feels are more durable and suitable. Glad I asked the question. 

Archived