Wide Body Hotrod Build

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool idea for colour selection.  A shaped object is much more representative than a flat card.

1C3984B9-950F-45BE-8FBC-7646C72326EF_zps

Kind of appropriate that these are known as "frogs" in the design industry 

ps. photo taken in the wee hours north of the Arctic Circle?

May as well fess up now.  I'm not doing an IROC car no more.  I'm going to do a straight forward '73 2.8l RSR look alike.  Sorry about dat folks but I'll say my mind has matured around what the rest of the world seems to like / love.  Many influencing factors etc but in the end this is where my heart is and no matter how many of these exist on the internet it's what's in my garage and makes me happy that counts.  God apparently works in mysterious ways so I figure it's good enough for me too.  So with a different era / look car comes different colour choices.  Fraise and Jade remain possibilities, but there are a whole lot of new options now.

I'm painting my chassis black so don't have to make body colour decisions for a while, but the build has been briefed and won't change now.

Signal Yellow is nice to say the least (and yes it's an RS not an RSR)

CFF9E30F-3194-4E3A-B8CD-B15342542C38_zps

I've ordered an x-faktory EFI / ITB kit for the 3.6 which will run 46 or 50mm PMO TBs and will shoot for 350hp.  Engine tidy up, install of EFI / ITBs, clutch, flywheel, SSIs, installation of the LSD into the G50 will all start happening in about 4 weeks from now.  The chassis should be a roller about the same time so engine, gearbox, pedal box, shifter rod, shifter, axles, loom etc, brakes, wheels etc will be installed at that point.  Then it's off to the dyno after a wheel alignment.  All done by Cairns.  Once running it's back to Skunk for body paint and final assembly and trouble shooting.

Should have my bum in the seat prior to end of year.

Whats the most popular colour RSR? Don't do that ;) Signal Yellow is nice, and as you say, it's what you like that matters

Personally,  I much prefer an earlier RSR than an IROC, though I'd do something nuts with some graphics like a Larrouse ST 

getting some headwork/cam to get to 350hp?
you'll be glad of the wide guards and extra rubber (i have a narrowbody version)

I'm rounding up!  It's 300hp as it is before the ITBs and EFI.  It'll be what it is.

I was kinda looking forward to seeing the fat strawberry come to life but now you've landed on signal yellow... Winner! 

Every time i see Louie's sig yellow car I just have to stop and admire it.  Beautiful colour.

May as well fess up now.  I'm not doing an IROC car no more.  I'm going to do a straight forward '73 2.8l RSR look alike.  Sorry about dat folks but I'll say my mind has matured around what the rest of the world seems to like / love.  Many influencing factors etc but in the end this is where my heart is and no matter how many of these exist on the internet it's what's in my garage and makes me happy that counts.  God apparently works in mysterious ways so I figure it's good enough for me too.  So with a different era / look car comes different colour choices.  Fraise and Jade remain possibilities, but there are a whole lot of new options now.

I'm painting my chassis black so don't have to make body colour decisions for a while, but the build has been briefed and won't change now.

Signal Yellow is nice to say the least (and yes it's an RS not an RSR)

CFF9E30F-3194-4E3A-B8CD-B15342542C38_zps

I've ordered an x-faktory EFI / ITB kit for the 3.6 which will run 46 or 50mm PMO TBs and will shoot for 350hp.  Engine tidy up, install of EFI / ITBs, clutch, flywheel, SSIs, installation of the LSD into the G50 will all start happening in about 4 weeks from now.  The chassis should be a roller about the same time so engine, gearbox, pedal box, shifter rod, shifter, axles, loom etc, brakes, wheels etc will be installed at that point.  Then it's off to the dyno after a wheel alignment.  All done by Cairns.  Once running it's back to Skunk for body paint and final assembly and trouble shooting.

Should have my bum in the seat prior to end of year.

No IROC? (unsubscribed) :ph34r::rolleyes::lol: 

Heartbreaking. 

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

You'll live. New beast may be on the next tour...

possibly avoid painting beforehand :ph34r:

Always thought of the IROC as the LAMBO of the early P-car world. Insanely cool, but recon you would feel a bit of a tool diving one down the highstreet (especially in lipstick pink...).

Love the new direction, and recon the yellow is a good option 

Porsche-911-Carrera-A.jpg

Probably not as bold as some of your other colour choices but in my opinion suits the shape/style/era perfectly. I nearly painted mine this colour.

seen alot of bold colored RS and RSR's, like the orange (too many) ...so my vote is this cool sky blue color! :rolleyes: 

Id feel ok down the street & on the track with this color, not a tool.

If you need inspiration for RSR colors just go to this thread ,,,many images to look at and ponder over ..........:D

you could still go the Fraise or valiant green it wouldn,t look out of place on a 73 RSR  

Archived