Wide Body Hotrod Build

These are front 16" x 11" (wide) and rear 18" x 16" (wide) for a 935 replica.  They used 19" diameter rears on the original but you can't get rubber for that size no more.  If these are repros then sign me up now!  These wheels are in Australia, and the images from the person who's wheels they are.  So not the usual internet uncertainty.

IMG_0238_zpsn09rdwqf.jpg

IMG_0249_zpsoutcjidn.jpg

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is the last of the renders.  Thought some different angles would help.  Also using the actual paint samples too, albeit they're photos of the actual samples...

I think the Vaillant came out too blue and light, but in sunlight I think it would take on this hue.  Probably the same goes for the Fraise.  I was saying to @GUT last night that I was afraid the Friase would end up being another boring red, but I don't think so now...

V1_zpsfcu33kzf.jpg

V2_zpsdmbvbfhz.jpg

V3_zpsgxvxarz2.jpg

The last equivalent Vaiilant render.

Vaillant_zpsbb6dkbxv.jpg

F1_zpsbxsim9ka.jpg

F2_zpsl0gedcwu.jpg

F3_zpspdp5olzc.jpg

The last equivalent Fraise render.

Fraise_zpsegnqjy5f.jpg

20c worth from me:  As much as I like the bright valiant color, not sure I could live with it day to day .. (It's so damn bright). Of the fraises, they look too orangey red.. , maybe it's just my screen. The last darker fraise looks a bit weird red, a bit dull. So I'd lean towards the duller/darker green, sorry I mean  valliant. 

20c worth from me:  As much as I like the bright valiant color, not sure I could live with it day to day .. (It's so damn bright). Of the fraises, they look too orangey red.. , maybe it's just my screen. The last darker fraise looks a bit weird red, a bit dull. So I'd lean towards the duller/darker green, sorry I mean  valliant. 

Yes the last lot of renders are very bright.  It's really hard to get them to present as they will IRL.  But they are all the same colour theoretically.  Just depends on the source image and the light conditions camera seetings and photochooping that they've all had.  I think what it tells us is the range of how they may present.  See below where Vaillant runs down the left column - all the same colour theoretically.  Right column was to try and help me decide if the Vaillant looked blue, not green.  I reckon it looks very blue in the latest renders but when compared to Miami and Tiffany, I believe it's actually green!

Sea%20of%20Blue%20Green_zps5syj6qjj.jpg

Bit late to the Party. Nick looks like you have been having fun. Mistakenly took you for 'White with oily hue' kind of guy, but clearly you are up for a bit of color.

Possibly a bit 'on trend' but us decorator types are playing with alot of softer tone colours at the moment which plays quite nicely into some of the more vintage colour P-cars. Might turn your current Miami Blue into something more like this

3a8c0320f6247c353f912e0afa0343dd_zpsa9yd

or slightly lighter

01_zpsetx5x3fn.jpg

Bit late to the Party. Nick looks like you have been having fun. Mistakenly took you for 'White with oily hue' kind of guy, but clearly you are up for a bit of color.

Possibly a bit 'on trend' but us decorator types are playing with alot of softer tone colours at the moment which plays quite nicely into some of the more vintage colour P-cars. Might turn your current Miami Blue into something more like this

3a8c0320f6247c353f912e0afa0343dd_zpsa9yd

That's what my wife has been telling me....

I've seen that car and like it but it's blue which I don't want.  An outside option for me is still Jade.  It kind of fits your brief of a softer colour but it can still be quite bright in the right light.  It has the bonus of being one of the original 15 IROC colours, like Fraise.  While were on Friase in reality I think it's a bit dusty and is an older style colour.  Photos below to save you from trawling the thread.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-27%20at%205.00.0

Below 2 images are the same car with factory Jade paint.  Different light.  Images supplied to me by the owner.

Jade33_zpsxfip0aot.jpg

Jade35_zpsh5kbpn6y.jpg

Then this one looks like the brighter version directly above.  Looks the business too.

Jade3_zpsrlhmlrj4.jpg

not much wrong with this lot

http://singervehicledesign.com/works/

Not much to love either.  UK is my favourite.  Le Mans after that but it's a fairly predictable red.  Bit more black in it than yawn guards red.  Have to say the rest are yawn worthy.  Probably curated by Singer themselves and no doubt reflecting the current trends, mature, conservative customer base as well as the concept and general aesthetic they're looking to achieve.  All good stuff if you like Singers, which I do not thank goodness, as ownership would be a long heartache of a way off.

I'm channeling RSR on the outside, and mostly IROC RSR so the colours are going to be bold.  It may not be the current aesthetic but it's true to the cars mine will be based on.

This time.  Next time it'll be like that narrow bodied light grey longhood with the 3.6 and ITBs.  Old skool sleeper style with oh so subtle colours and narrow tyres to smoke to death.

Yes the last lot of renders are very bright.  It's really hard to get them to present as they will IRL.  But they are all the same colour theoretically.  Just depends on the source image and the light conditions camera seetings and photochooping that they've all had.  I think what it tells us is the range of how they may present.  See below where Vaillant runs down the left column - all the same colour theoretically.  Right column was to try and help me decide if the Vaillant looked blue, not green.  I reckon it looks very blue in the latest renders but when compared to Miami and Tiffany, I believe it's actually green!

Sea%20of%20Blue%20Green_zps5syj6qjj.jpg

Any of these colors looks the goods ...........just my taste but these sort of colors appeal to me on early 911,s they fun eye catching colors and I agree with your comments about singers conservative colors some of them are quite boring 

Not much to love either.  UK is my favourite.  Le Mans after that but it's a fairly predictable red.  Bit more black in it than yawn guards red.  Have to say the rest are yawn worthy.  Probably curated by Singer themselves and no doubt reflecting the current trends, mature, conservative customer base as well as the concept and general aesthetic they're looking to achieve.  All good stuff if you like Singers, which I do not thank goodness, as ownership would be a long heartache of a way off.

I'm channeling RSR on the outside, and mostly IROC RSR so the colours are going to be bold.  It may not be the current aesthetic but it's true to the cars mine will be based on.

This time.  Next time it'll be like that narrow bodied light grey longhood with the 3.6 and ITBs.  Old skool sleeper style with oh so subtle colours and narrow tyres to smoke to death.

I agree, if you are going IROC style body, you have to go a bold colour, or is that just my own weird tastes flowing over. I don't know anymore.... :s 

Archived