Wide Body Hotrod Build

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What have you done here, Mr Chops?   Billet, RP, carved from soap? 

Billet PVC on a CNC. All dimensions and details taken off a reflector and programmed in. Rear is then drilled and tapped and threaded rod inserted for the fixings. Threadlock applied. It bends enough to be pulled into shape when fixed, but remains under tension the whole time. I'm told it works well.

Billet PVC on a CNC. All dimensions and details taken off a reflector and programmed in. Rear is then drilled and tapped and threaded rod inserted for the fixings. Threadlock applied. It bends enough to be pulled into shape when fixed, but remains under tension the whole time. I'm told it works well.

Nice.  Bending to fit it will make painting tricky. You'll need a flex agent in your paint so it won't crack. 

Nice.  Bending to fit it will make painting tricky. You'll need a flex agent in your paint so it won't crack. 

Well it's painted and fitted so I guess they sound a solution.  Perhaps as you say they used a flex agent.  Don't forget this is the same material they use for bumpers albeit in a different form, but that stuff flexes quite a bit before the paint cracks.

Hot Rod inspiration:

Wow Tiian, you find some awesome stuff.  That thing is full on.  What a pity he didn't paint the engine bay and frunk area.  Car is immaculate and then then you open the lids and....Hating the white letters but that's just me.

I wouldn't be happy with the fit and finish of that front bumper where it meets the 930 guards.  And I'd fit the gas lifters to the front and back - save 100g or so and have to prop them up every time? No thanks.   The colour looks great though.

Well it's painted and fitted so I guess they sound a solution.  Perhaps as you say they used a flex agent.  Don't forget this is the same material they use for bumpers albeit in a different form, but that stuff flexes quite a bit before the paint cracks.

Wow Tiian, you find some awesome stuff.  That thing is full on.  What a pity he didn't paint the engine bay and frunk area.  Car is immaculate and then then you open the lids and....Hating the white letters but that's just me.

Thanks. The lettering l dosent look quite right. I think they are the glue on type.

Spent all that time and cash, yet no paint in the froot and engine bay? Really? The glue on tyre letters look a bit naff, but each to their own

He explains why that happened in the video.

He explains why that happened in the video.

S'pose I should watch ALL of it before shooting my fingers off ;) (got a call whilst watching on my phone and didn't watch the rest)

Had a great day down at Skunkwerks.  Went through every last detail of the job and I know exactly how it's going to run.  Timeline isn't too bad either.  Starts tomorrow and should be a roller in 4-6 weeks time.  Down the Cairns for mechanicals.  Back to Skunk for body paint, glass, interior, fiddly bits.

As it stands today.  Rim is 15 x 12 and we think it will fit as the oil tank will be located per a 964 so there are no lines to get in the way....

73984B04-A874-457A-AA33-1808201CD9EE_zps

Archived