Wide Body Hotrod Build

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the RUF NATO green looks great on a widebody 911 :

Save the pastel girly colours for the Boxster.

autolife1244407330.jpg

Good robust feedback!  I like it.  I don't like the NATO though as I find it too dark, and too drab and I think in the end I'd get really sick of seeing it in that colour.

I say stick with the signal but it's your car so pick what you like but be sure, cause the way ya going the car is going to end up having 4 resprays :) 

Well it's funny you say that as the way the car is being prepared it can easily be resprayed without any real disassembly and no tell tale signs it was ever another colour. Reasoning is I plan to keep it for a long while and as you know there are lots of beautiful colours to choose from, so why limit myself to the one colour over the period of ownership? I reckon if the urge takes me a repaint every two to five years is no unreasonable.

I like the Sea (Foam) Green.

But all the latest colours are a little muted.

Gut and Tit eh? We're a class act in this forum :P. Yes they are subdued but that was the point of them as I've unearthed plenty of loud options. I chose them with an independent mind but now I've seen a load of Singers and they're very Singer-ish...Not sure I love that...

Auratium looks very similar to Smyrna green, my Porsche builder mate in California has his own widebody car in Smyrna and it's a bit of a marmite one for me. Some days / lights it looks great, others it's a bit too muted. He's just done one in grey and another in orange for customers, I'm a huge fan of the orange but the grey's a bit drab for me, even with the Gp4 wheels he's gone for. These widebody cars should shout, not disappear into the road.

2541_p20_l.jpg

Could be the only way forward!

Auratium looks very similar to Smyrna green, my Porsche builder mate in California has his own widebody car in Smyrna and it's a bit of a marmite one for me. Some days / lights it looks great, others it's a bit too muted. He's just done one in grey and another in orange for customers, I'm a huge fan of the orange but the grey's a bit drab for me, even with the Gp4 wheels he's gone for. These widebody cars should shout, not disappear into the road.

Mark Zurlinden? I know what you mean re Smyrna bit Auratium is lighter and a bit less prone to be drab IMHO. I think all wide bodied 911s with a fat stance and a loud zorst will have a lot of presence so I reckon all colours are OK. Just need to pick the right one (or ones!).

Good robust feedback!  I like it.  I don't like the NATO though as I find it too dark, and too drab and I think in the end I'd get really sick of seeing it in that colour.

If you cant make up your mind just yet - go for a green "Patina Wrap" until you decide !!!

IMG_17691472929450.jpg

image1472948179.jpg

Just peel it off & start again.

See: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/927767-patina-wrap.html

Fuse panel turned up. No photos but the PMO TBs and the EFI systems are in hand too. Engine work / assembly should start shortly. Fuel pump sourced (thanks Russell) and clutch, flywheel and oil cooler, SSIs, calipers and rotors all ordered. Rolling chassis should turn up at Cairns in the next couple of weeks.

877DDD95-B06A-4E62-968E-C8CE9EB51B6D_zps

C74E83F2-8DB6-4E32-9F42-1C3A4BBD383D_zps

I think at how much your troubled over colours you should paint it black then you have the perfect base and wrap it every 12 months a new colour. Then the whole time its wrapped the paint is protected. 

I think at how much your troubled over colours you should paint it black then you have the perfect base and wrap it every 12 months a new colour. Then the whole time its wrapped the paint is protected. 

Well, in concept that's my plan. Chassis in black and  paint it a different colour every few years. Not a fan of wraps but that could be done I guess.

But choosing that first colour, well that's going to be hard.

did someone say "black" ? :CoolDance:

Archived