Wide Body Hotrod Build

Cops give it a thumbs up? That's what I thought (and rather immodestly I think I have a well executed classic).

My colour? Jellybean Mexico Blue.

Got pulled over while crawling at 30km/h about 100m from home (Blues Point Road and Harbour Patrol Police for the Sydneysiders).

Defect notice comprised of:

• Window Sticker too deep (Porsche 911 50 year anniversary - the same one worn by the Police Panamera)
  • Steering Wheel not padded (Momo Mod 78)
  • Roll cage (I had already replaced the perfectly expensive welded cage for an even more expensive bolt in. At the time of defect I still had the front section bolted in)
  • Seats not ADR (Momo)
  • Sliders not engineered (welded to floor)
  • Exhaust too loud (I had an M&K on at the time. It took me two stock exhausts and two attempts at the EPA to pass by the skin of my teeth)

I wasn't fast. I wasn't loud.

But I was bright Blue.

Would I change the colour though? Not for the world.

And any excuse to show it off again ...

IMG_1142.thumb.JPG.72d3f7747b65430235eba

sounds unlucky! I traversed most of qld and nsw in my car several times (including times like a trip to Batemans bay on Australia Day), with no front number plate to boot, and never got hassled.

I drove a wrx sti for a week and got pulled over immediately haha.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From memory I think pre 73 or around that time Porsche painted the engine bays black ,,then somewhere in 73 they started to paint them in the body color ....

@turboT.  Images below collected with great care for image quality and consistency.  All are from for sale ads from reputed houses so they aren't wankers having a guess at what's right.  Nor am I.  They are very similar in some instances, but in the end the yellow is more yellow and the orange is more orange which is comforting in a world gone mad.

FYI the RSR from Canford I posted above is Signal Orange, not Yellow as I had suspected.

Signal Yellow aka an orangy yellow

10DF9E4A-67F7-4073-9236-6FD51D9511B0_zps

Signal Orange aka a yellowy orange

4AE3EC61-DE8F-4917-8833-AAE35D34B81D_zps

would be happy with both. Ever since I saw a rusting yellow 912 on my street I have a softspot for a bit of sunshine

Heard a rumour that Louie from Motion has a Signal Yellow car so hot footed it down there to take a goosy gander....SY overload follows...

0B89AF99-C21F-4F4C-AFA9-D2E629F61ADC_zps

Hmmm, I wonder how that rumour started. ;)

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/10543-wide-body-hotrod-build/?do=findComment&comment=215866

Ah.  I didn't know who Louie was until today.  The owner of the SY car at Elwood RSR Cars N Coffee put me onto him.  Now I know what you were on about :).

My mistake. I thought every air-cooled owner knew Louie at Motion Automotive.  If they don't, they need to introduce themselves. He's old school and knows his Porsches.  

My mistake. I thought every air-cooled owner knew Louie at Motion Automotive.  If they don't, they need to introduce themselves. He's old school and knows his Porsches.  

Yes agree.  Met him yesterday.  Real nice chap.

If you have to... This one is boss:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/220516-check-out-new-project-69er-39.html

Especially how he painted the wheels...

luft_porsche1460927161.jpg69rsr1458161221.jpg41b712838ca490f0a5034333ee0974f3.jpg

That is Mike's car who I met at Luftgekuhlt. He is the guy with his parents ashes mixed into the primer. His colour it 'Rando' Grey. As you can guess, it is just a made up colour that he liked. 

I must say, that there was an Aubergine 911 at Luftgekuhlt that really pulled you in. Gorgeous.

That is Mike's car who I met at Luftgekuhlt. He is the guy with his parents ashes mixed into the primer. His colour it 'Rando' Grey. As you can guess, it is just a made up colour that he liked. 

I must say, that there was an Aubergine 911 at Luftgekuhlt that really pulled you in. Gorgeous.

Yeah. I saw that in your video. New interior looks good.

Guessing you'll be painting it Silver then?

Spot on ;).

Parts have started arriving from Patrick Motorsport.  Delivery 1 of 4.  Bonnet / engine lid straps, oil pressure sender for gauge and light, G50 shift rod adaptor, beautiful WEVO short shifter, and my personal favourite, dual airhorns!

Engine and gearbox work should start this week at Cairns and chassis is underway at Skunk.

2E3EDB24-7D1A-4557-BFB8-229695B4CC73_zps

Classic Retrofit AC is now a month late on schedule and due end July.  According to Jonny it's getting the blower unit 100% right that caused the delay.  Looks pretty spunky to me, and worth the wait I reckon.  CAD Render below.

CR%20Blower_zpsotwsibnf.jpg

Archived