911 R market watch

At 500 AUD , its nearly worth going in Exile to the USA and working out some way to do a personal import.. maybe the dude will loan you his condo for a few months.. but then again it would then be a dirty rotten import .. but maybe a novelty rare LHD model.

At 500 AUD , its nearly worth going in Exile to the USA and working out some way to do a personal import.. maybe the dude will loan you his condo for a few months.. but then again it would then be a dirty rotten import .. but maybe a novelty rare LHD model.

Could you live there for a full 12 months? Only to bring a car back that you cannot drive anywhere for at least 15 years and most places not for 30 years.... hmmmmm?

Could you live there for a full 12 months? Only to bring a car back that you cannot drive anywhere for at least 15 years and most places not for 30 years.... hmmmmm?

Difficult.. to be there .. but private imports.. anything is possible..bring back what you want. GT3's and otherwise here as private imports, late model cars.

The only way to legally import a car newer than 1989 is to leave in said country for 12 months whilst owning the car or for it to be on the RAWS list, very few if any p cars on there (especially so if the car was sold here) - late model and LHD?

The only way to legally import a car newer than 1989 is to leave in said country for 12 months whilst owning the car or for it to be on the RAWS list, very few if any p cars on there (especially so if the car was sold here) - late model and LHD?

Its just a game .. Lambo Murcielagos I hear got added in recent time, I know someone looking to bring his here ..from the UK, made an application. With the death of the Aussie car market to protect.. you watch how many new cars are going on that list . Not sure why no ones isnt working on Porsche. I think the SEVS/RAWS list will soften too.. whats the point of it all.. It was only ever to protect the market.

Scarecity will be a real special interest factor im sure, the government, has no real reasons to uphold this position. Anyway.. I sincerely hope as I have said the Sacred Aussie cow gets slaughtered and I for one would line up to help.

More importantly has anyone stumped up the cash to F40er yet.. We are poised and watching history be written here .

Its just a game .. Lambo Murcielagos I hear got added in recent time, I know someone looking to bring his here ..from the UK, made an application. With the death of the Aussie car market to protect.. you watch how many new cars are going on that list . Not sure why no ones isnt working on Porsche. I think the SEVS/RAWS list will soften too.. whats the point of it all.. It was only ever to protect the market.

Scarecity will be a real special interest factor im sure, the government, has no real reasons to uphold this position. Anyway.. I sincerely hope as I have said the Sacred Aussie cow gets slaughtered and I for one would line up to help.

More importantly has anyone stumped up the cash to F40er yet.. We are poised and watching history be written here .

Hopefully, eventually the mud will clear and we will get a decent view .....

• 1 month later...

I see no more 911R listed on car sales.  Last one in WA (white and red stripe) was removed the other day.   With touring on Aus roads within months, will be interesting to see if any pop up again next 12 months and obviously the price.  For the right spec I would still be an interested party but not where they were priced in recent months.  Like for like, I would cancel the touring and take an R if the price was relative but not sure they will get to that point.

• 2 weeks later...