911 R market watch

It makes me sick to see people buy limited make cars for them to make a profit, then the bloke who buys is for the inflated price wont drive it like it should be.

And probably lose a bit of value

no ones actually buying for these prices through. Wasn't the green stripped one the one that made the headlines with an asking of $1.2m a few months back? looks suspiciously like F40's mate are trying to sell it :lol:

911R market watch , lol

community service Taz 

An Octane commentary recently made  a point in regard to these rarely driven hypercars e.g. Veyron ; they aren't really used at all, but will collectors of the future be even bothered to service them given eye watering running costs? They will be relegated to very expensive pieces of art , but not as exclusive as real one off art where the true collectors fight for the kudos.

Terribly sad these poor racehorses never get to race. Especially when you see them bunched in groups at a museum https://www.highlands.co.nz/latest-updates/rare-mercedes-benz-and-ferrari-arrive-at-highlands/

But I guess people like to puff out their chests at the golf course .

Personally , and I'm not alone here , I'd rather spend my millions on something with character and provenance. What's a Bentley Speed Six worth these days?

Personally , and I'm not alone here , I'd rather spend my millions on something with character and provenance. What's a Bentley Speed Six worth these days?

I'd be spending my millions on holiday homes throughout the world and lots of travel, with some nicely priced cars along the way.... they are only cars after all!!

Edited by ANF

In the same Octane I mentioned , some rapper dude was quoted as saying words to the effect of - only buy a car you can afford to pay three times the value of.
There is some truth in that. He was talking about Bentleys btw.

Oh dear.... better dust off that bicycle then......

That's Dave Withers car, had the yellow 73 RS that CTS sold.   Big Porsche guy locally in NSW, has a bunch of quality stuff.

I've been for a run in one of the R's they are fantastic bits of kit, a throwback to the 997s (as odd as that sounds).  Very mechanical, lots of presence and noise coming through the cabin, it would make a very very fun fast road car.