997 GT3 Market Watch

7 minutes ago, 911rox said:

Are you retired? Looks like your wish has been granted! 😁😁 Didn't think I'd see the day... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my11/OAG-AD-21866816

Screenshot_20231214-221429.png

I'll hold off judgement just yet. 

Dealer has marked it sold and withdrawn from market several times over the 'years' it's been for sale... 

🙄

55 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I'll hold off judgement just yet. 

Dealer has marked it sold and withdrawn from market several times over the 'years' it's been for sale... 

🙄

Say it ain't so! So this car is a Phoenix? Keeps on rising from the dead 😂😂

I hope for the dealer's sake you're wrong but guessing that's highly unlikely 😁😁

Could it be true? Dealer website... 😁😁Screenshot_20231214-232848.thumb.png.b88178f18c2931f86e35822d6fe29abc.png

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, C_S_Lewis said:

Hi everyone. Been lurking in these forums for a while. Thanks all for the great insights.

Does anyone have any info on this one? Looks a bit rough around the edges.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/OAG-AD-21832628/?Cr=1

I know the previous owner, it's a tidy car - happy to get you in touch. 

26 minutes ago, C_S_Lewis said:

Yeh just a tad optimistic. Not many CS's around, but still.

Good car- very clean- I’ve driven it- but felt like my old 997 C2S in many ways so stuck with my 996!
It sold and currently selling again for genuine reasons. 
If silver turns you on, go for it. If I was in the market for a 997 I wouldn’t hesitate. 

2 hours ago, 997nut said:

That silver one has been listed for almost two years.  Is it just the price that is stopping it from selling?

Your wrong, that car was sold by YTG and then they listed mine, the guy who purchased the car realised after a short while it wasnt for him and has put it back on the market. 

40 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Good car- very clean- I’ve driven it- but felt like my old 997 C2S in many ways so stuck with my 996!
It sold and currently selling again for genuine reasons. 
If silver turns you on, go for it. If I was in the market for a 997 I wouldn’t hesitate. 

Agreed, its a very clean car

2 hours ago, Peter 996 said:

Your wrong, that car was sold by YTG and then they listed mine, the guy who purchased the car realised after a short while it wasnt for him and has put it back on the market.

Fair enough. So it was re-listed in April 2023.  That's still 10 months, ....  My question remains, is it just the price that's seen it sitting unsold for that long...?

I'm curious, as I'm a buyer, but I've watched this and others languishing for over a year in some cases.

19 minutes ago, 997nut said:

Fair enough. So it was re-listed in April 2023.  That's still 10 months, ....  My question remains, is it just the price that's seen it sitting unsold for that long...?

I'm curious, as I'm a buyer, but I've watched this and others languishing for over a year in some cases.

Keep in mind the dealer can be the issue?

Looking back past 18 months with Carsales listings they all came and went, strangely a lot at the same time which I’m sure didn’t help their sale price. I guess not enough buyers for such a car and the seller happy to hold until right price and attempting to recover costs. 

Check it for yourself and if it stacks up to you make a palatable offer I say. 

On 08/01/2024 at 19:05, hugh said:

My guess is price. 997.1’s only seem to be moving in the lower 2’s. 

Interesting you mention that, I had my cars PPF, redone in WA.  While I was there, I saw a mint .1 GT3 CS with about 27k kms having PPF put one as well. The owner purchased it for 209k! The previous owner of the gt3 upgraded to a 458.

For what it's worth I ran an insurance quote on a 997.1 gt3 the other day. Currently using Enthusiast insurance for my 3 'interesting' vehicles & on all 3 I have to say Enthusiast were pretty much bang on with what I considered fair market values. If anything they were on the generous side of what I expected in terms of valuation.

Anyway they valued a 997.1 gt3 at $215k...

9 hours ago, drmurugti said:

Interesting you mention that, I had my cars PPF, redone in WA.  While I was there, I saw a mint .1 GT3 CS with about 27k kms having PPF put one as well. The owner purchased it for 209k! The previous owner of the gt3 upgraded to a 458.

At that price and spec I'd be all over it!  

On 16/01/2024 at 18:49, tomk86 said:

This one was advertised for $245k for a while, now marked as ‘sold or unavailable’ 

Wonder if the owner gave up in the end. It was up for a very long time. 

It would be nice if car sales differentiated between sold and removed. Maybe through some sort of confirmation exchange between buyer and seller.

On 08/01/2024 at 16:15, C_S_Lewis said:

Hi everyone. Been lurking in these forums for a while. Thanks all for the great insights.

Does anyone have any info on this one? Looks a bit rough around the edges.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/OAG-AD-21832628/?Cr=1

This one also seems to be sold, in the same week.

58 minutes ago, C_S_Lewis said:

Wonder if the owner gave up in the end. It was up for a very long time. 

It would be nice if car sales differentiated between sold and removed. Maybe through some sort of confirmation exchange between buyer and seller.

I messaged the owner last year and never received a response...