997 GT3 Market Watch

8 hours ago, 911rox said:

Hi everyone, new to this forum although I have been following this thread for the past few weeks in the lead up to posting my 997.2 GT3 for sale on Carsales. There was some great information on here that I wanted to thank everyone for and I feel peoples' perception of 997 GT3 market values is pretty much spot on...

I listed my vehicle about 2 weeks ago and it was snapped up within 48 hours with transaction pending... 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Series II Manual MY10 (carsales.com.au)

From a seller's point of view I just wanted to add the following to the many great points made here by other members that might help other sellers (and buyers alike):

- Contrary to the belief that interest rates etc have killed the market, there are plenty of keen buyers out there for clean cars priced correctly. In just over 2 days, there were almost 20 enquiries on my vehicle. Sure, there were some people looking for a bargain but equally there were many keen buyers who appreciated what was being offered and prepared to pay a reasonable price.

- The reality is that the crazy covid prices are gone as many have pointed out. Sellers have to adjust their expectations. If you've bought high, you can't expect others to make the same mistake to make it right for you. There are far too many 997.1 cars asking more money than mine and the remaining 997.2 GT3s are insanely priced (with the greatest of respect to them).

-  If you've got one of these vehicles for sale and the phone isn't going crazy you've really got to consider whether you've priced your vehicle correctly. 

Cheers

You had priced your car correctly. It was clear from the start your car would sell quickly . I also spotted 997.1 GT3 priced very low $200K last week. That car sold quickly as well .

2 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Well done. Seems you got a good quick exit. I didn’t see the price - what was it roughly sold at? 

Thanks ms968cs, I listed the car for $269,900 and it sold fairly close to the mark. 

38 minutes ago, Joz said:

So another Porsche?

Yes, hoping to get myself into a 992 RS if a later allocation can be secured otherwise likely a 991.2 RS. After 13 years of driving pleasure I felt it was time to scratch the digital itch...

I know there will be regret but that likely would have been the case had I not tried a newer generation car 😬

7 hours ago, 911rox said:

Yes, hoping to get myself into a 992 RS if a later allocation can be secured otherwise likely a 991.2 RS. After 13 years of driving pleasure I felt it was time to scratch the digital itch...

I know there will be regret but that likely would have been the case had I not tried a newer generation car 😬

You won’t look back . The new cars are epic 

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

You won’t look back . The new cars are epic 

Absolutely! Have no doubt about this in regard to track use...100%

My main reservations are around their usability on the streets and the fact that PDK is no match for a good manual when used for country drives IMO. Have done four-week European deliveries with a US friend in both a 991.1 and 991.2 RS. The 991.1 was comfortable on the streets, the 991.2 was a handful on B roads although it carved up autobahns and racetracks like few other cars I've been in. The 992 might well up the 991.2 on firmness and therefore compromise street use further, time will tell.

The 997.2 platform was the perfect balance for street and track when dialed in, just short about 70hp 😁

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, PotsAndPans said:

That's your old girl ??  

No, mine transacted about 3 weeks ago and has gone to a new home... Same spec though. New owner must be thinking he got the deal of the century now 😁

Another just popped up- Clubsport spec:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/OAG-AD-22681556

Two in a day, who would have thought 😁

2 minutes ago, 911rox said:

No, mine transacted about 3 weeks ago and has gone to a new home... Same spec though. New owner must be thinking he got the deal of the century now 😁

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/OAG-AD-22681556

It's beautiful, just showed my wife. Her comment was " seeee...  that's nice.. I love the old shape " . 

We had look at 992 CS today. 

56 minutes ago, PotsAndPans said:

It's beautiful, just showed my wife. Her comment was " seeee...  that's nice.. I love the old shape " . 

We had look at 992 CS today. 

Certainly amongst the best shapes of the modern era, couldn't fault the car and the ownership experience was awesome... I'm biased though 😉

Thoughts on the 992 CS? What did you think? 

2 hours ago, 911rox said:

Certainly amongst the best shapes of the modern era, couldn't fault the car and the ownership experience was awesome... I'm biased though 😉

Thoughts on the 992 CS? What did you think? 

Very elegant!  I havent road tested it. I've only driven 911 on my simulator lol.  For me i know the performance is there so don't need to seek that validation everything else I can live with. I've owned Macan S for 6 years so familiarity is there. 

Ecstatically they are very beautiful, Definitely would hand over the money if one comes in right spec and price. 

My preference is for one with aero kit I guess it stands out bit more from all the other 992s. But I've only seen one through window at Ferrari dealership and that was sold before I had chance to even enquire. 

Plan is to keep looking(GT3s included) If nothing comes up might pull trigger on the new uglier 992.2 

16 hours ago, 911rox said:

How much was this one?

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

Pretty virgin being under 20kms. 

Yep and close enough to a perfect spec to justify crazy money if it's going into a collection...

Certainly had something that the other two hovering at $360k+ don't... 

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

If you know your price just stick to that, don't think too many car yards have lines of people looking to buy stuff at the moment.

Clearly Young Timers Garage thinks differently 😂😂😉

On 03/08/2023 at 10:47, DM911 said:

I wish to see it gets sold before i retire, !🤣

Are you retired? Looks like your wish has been granted! 😁😁 Didn't think I'd see the day... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my11/OAG-AD-21866816

Screenshot_20231214-221429.png