997 GT3 Market Watch

The Red with Porsche decals on the sides 997.2 with the rear seats, lots of options with 19,500kms on it, that's mine.  I took it off the market at Christmas time, best offer I received was $360k, I was looking for $390k to sell, gap was too large for me, so decided to keep it another 9 mths minimum and enjoy it some more (and enjoy it I did on the old Pac hwy on Sunday :)until the market changes a bit.

1 hour ago, mbedford said:

The Red with Porsche decals on the sides 997.2 with the rear seats, lots of options with 19,500kms on it, that's mine.  I took it off the market at Christmas time, best offer I received was $360k, I was looking for $390k to sell, gap was too large for me, so decided to keep it another 9 mths minimum and enjoy it some more (and enjoy it I did on the old Pac hwy on Sunday :)until the market changes a bit.

Wow $360K . I would have grabbed it if you were serious about selling . I doubt you will see that ever again . 

11 hours ago, mbedford said:

I'm glad you've chosen to enjoy the car mbedford. Having recently sold one myself, I know first-hand what an amazing machine they are to drive.  If you decide to relist it in the future, do yourself a favour and forget what it owes you. Clearly you must have bought in a very hot market but those days I feel are long gone. Earn the difference in driving pleasure over the coming months and adjust your expectations. $360k is almost unicorn money for this car and it's not an offer I'd dismiss in 2024. My 2 cents as a former 997.2 GT3 owner...

Thanks guys, FYI $360k was drive away price with stamp included too as was via a dealer.

$323k was what I personally would have received.

When a car is this good to drive and the amazing Porsche reliability it provides, its easy to keep hold of until the markets returns these kind of cars to appreciating modern classics again.

55 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

Pretty sure this is the same car that was sold around 5 years ago when it was in TAS - It had around 5000kms and sold for approx $200k back then 

If it has a Sharkworks exhaust then I reckon it was my mate's car, kms seem about right.  I've no idea what he sold it into the trade for prior to purchase of a new Touring last year, but I suspect someone's trying for a big payday at that price......

Scott, the exhaust from Simon's car ended up on this car if it is that car.....

This was passed in on Collecting cars about oct/nov last year for $220k ish’. I know because the dealer has not even bothered to change the pictures. There were lots of questions before the auction end and the overrevs on range 1, 2 and 3 were a problem.

Already gone by the looks of it last listed $249k.

I’ve noticed quiet a few cars being sold in the last couple of weeks after a dormant few months…seems to be a bit more confidence in the market whilst there is less upward pressure on rates (at least for now)

On 07/02/2024 at 13:42, hugh said:

On 10/01/2022 at 23:51, Bandyboy33 said:

Hey Hugh, just a quick question. The 997 gt3's you saw you mentioned what colours were they? Reason I ask I have 997.2 riviera blue and wondering how many in the country? Ever seen a 997.2 riv blue in your travels ? 

Not a GT3, but I do have a Riviera Blue 997.2 GTS 🙂

Photo 30-9-2023, 10 45 18 am (1)-min.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2024 at 20:32, Speedy99 said:

This was passed in on Collecting cars about oct/nov last year for $220k ish’. I know because the dealer has not even bothered to change the pictures. There were lots of questions before the auction end and the overrevs on range 1, 2 and 3 were a problem.

Would you have a link to the original collecting cars listing?