Flue Shot shyt or not

Crazy not too IMHO....Cheap insurance.  

I'm an old fart and have experienced absolutely...

no side effects. no side effects. no side effects no side effects  no side effects, no side effects. no side effects, no side effects.....

I am 55 and have been having it annually for about the last 10 years. I travel a lot and just need to take precautions sitting on a plane, in airports etc. have never had any issues and wouldn’t go without it...

The flu shot does not stop you from getting the flu, it only reduces the severity. Each year the vaccine is tailored to a particular strain of flu, not all, so you can still get a flu.

Missus got the shot a month ago and has been pretty crook with the flu or whatever it was this past week

I've never had the shot and I rarely get crook (touch wood) 

i didn't get it last year despite working face to face with other people and yeah had a bad flu (miserable and off work for 2-4 days) four times, as well as a bad case of a gastrointestinal form of influenza A which made me vomit uncontrollably with no food staying down for 5 days total.

i'll be getting the vaccine this year.

Just reading some fun facts from the medical authorities. Timing matters, they recommend late April early May but if it mutates or doesn't come until later months you can be susceptible.

Do it.

We also offer to staff.

I didn’t have one for about 40 years until this year.  Went to the doc about suspected broken ribs this week and she got me at a vulnerable moment (endone willdo that to a man ..)

No side effects.  Can’t hurt.

Had the flu 10 years ago, 2 weeks bed ridden, taking 2 different antibiotics at a time, reduced lung capacity boardering pneumonia, never again. Had the flu shot last Tuesday.  You do still get colds /man flu but not the damaging flu.

I'm medically immune surpressed and have two shots six weeks apart every year and for someone who is meant to be more vulnerable to colds and flu I totaly recommend having it. I can't even remember the last time I was crook and that's been living with a primary school teacher who gets runny nose kids coughing over her all the time.?

If you do get it, ask for a look at the product insert sheet and see if it contains ethyl mercury (aka Thimerasol) or not.  A simpler way to tell is if they use a single use vial (no mercury) or just suck a single shot out of a larger, multi-dose vial (contain ethyl mercury as a preservative).  Depends on what you're comfortable with.  Its only trace amounts and apparently it clears the body more quickly than other mercury types but if you have the choice, may as well go for the single dose stuff.

Used to have flu shot regularly but stopped about 8 years ago.  No difference at all and I take commuter trains daily.

Archived