356 coupe

neilb

thank you all for the warm welcome, after posting a couple of links in my intro i thought it best to carry on with a thread of my comedy of errors!. i say this as i usually end up making a couple of panels before i'm happy with them.

welded in the r/h lower part of the tail panel today and took a couple of pics...

20190117_183707.jpg

20190117_183715.jpg

well after getting that lower piece welded on, i did some hammer and dolly work, cleaning up and altering the shut line around the engine lid, trimmed off some excess metal from the overlap to the 1/4 panel. i turned the car around to get the other side to this stage, i took a couple of pics.  thanks for watching

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

hi MFX,

yes i did pal, i had some help with the door skins as it's a little hard to hold, especially for me lol. i'm not sure if anyone has read and noticed in the links i posted in my intro, i was diagnosed with CIDP in my left hand and forearm, i've lost about 90% strength in my left hand. it's awkward to grip panels and manipulate them how i need them but i manage cause that's what you do. just get on with it.

i've just had a quick look through your build thread, it looks good, i like it! next time we are up in camden i'd love to see it if you would give me a tour lol

11 hours ago, neilb said:

i was diagnosed with CIDP in my left hand and forearm, i've lost about 90% strength in my left hand. it's awkward to grip panels and manipulate them how i need them but i manage cause that's what you do. just get on with it.

Oh great...make us talentless 'use bog and wire mesh' gumbys feel even more talentless! 90%? 😳 Damn mate, that's determination for you. Bravo 👏👏👏👏

thanks for the comments guys

rafik, yes I'm here at last lol, I think I can remember trying to get intouch just after you messaged, it was a while ago though now lol

22 hours ago, LeeM said:

Oh great...make us talentless 'use bog and wire mesh' gumbys feel even more talentless! 90%? 😳 Damn mate, that's determination for you. Bravo 👏👏👏👏

there is a place for bog and wire mesh lol, rabbit hutch for the mesh lol, bog is ok if used how it should be :)

19 hours ago, neilb said:

I'm not a big fan of being in front of the camera, but I did a short video to show the difference in my forearms, you can also see the difference in the muscle for the thumbs.

https://youtu.be/CGZHd0xBfJo

thanks for watching :)

Wheely good! Love a dude so passionate about making they learn and do it themselves, and not just tapping dents! 

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:05, neilb said:

hi MFX,

yes i did pal, i had some help with the door skins as it's a little hard to hold, especially for me lol. i'm not sure if anyone has read and noticed in the links i posted in my intro, i was diagnosed with CIDP in my left hand and forearm, i've lost about 90% strength in my left hand. it's awkward to grip panels and manipulate them how i need them but i manage cause that's what you do. just get on with it.

i've just had a quick look through your build thread, it looks good, i like it! next time we are up in camden i'd love to see it if you would give me a tour lol

All the best in your battle with CIDP.

23 hours ago, 9er said:

All the best in your battle with CIDP.

thank you pal, neurologist can't do anything for me, he's pretty much said that. I see a homeopathy doctor who has me on a heavy metal detox, reading my results, it reads like I've been eating batteries while drinking mercury lol

On 17/01/2019 at 21:36, neilb said:

thank you all for the warm welcome, after posting a couple of links in my intro i thought it best to carry on with a thread of my comedy of errors!. i say this as i usually end up making a couple of panels before i'm happy with them.

welded in the r/h lower part of the tail panel today and took a couple of pics...

20190117_183707.jpg

20190117_183715.jpg

I came across this yesterday. And just thought of you. Did you consider widening stock form? 

https://youtu.be/CRtRIv3lXx4

hey Peter John, I have seen them widened, I didn't want to do that. having to make the chassis did give me the chance to 'pinch' the rear chassis rails in a little bit. I should be able to get 7" wide wheels in without issue :)

17 hours ago, rafikdous said:

Ah, ok. The back window didn't look like a T6. Now I get it

I have a '53 Pre A in case you want to take any measurements off it

thank you rafik, I may take you up on that, I've got to finish the windscreen scuttle and then alter the front section of the roof. a paper pattern would be really handy for that lol