What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

I busted the glass in one of my 935 mirrors the other week. The double sided tape on the back held it together enough for a glass place to cut me another. Cost was a whopping $20. Could you use the other side as a template and get one cut from it?

If its the Vitaloni mirror, then yes

I left my car at home. I have needed to push start or roll start the car the last few days. Once up and running she will restart but if left she just cranks and wont kick over.

Bruce -

‘She who likes to Drive Fast’ had the same problem with her 944. Cranking but no start. It happened often a while back but doesn’t seem as frequent now but is still there occasionally.

At the back of the motor near the bell housing there are 2 electrical plugs that operate sensors on the flywheel I think. These plugs/wires become brittle from the heat. The guys that service the car have not been able to pin the problem down or eliminate it as it is intermittent. You know – when it does it they aren’t around and when they have the car it won’t do it. Something to do with a bloke named Murphy I think.

What we do is grab hold of those plugs/wires and move them around a bit. Most times it rectifies the issue as it must restore the connection and the car will start. Others times it won’t she take my car and leaves me to drag something else out from the back of the garage.

I have seen replacement connectors with wires advertised in Excellence Magazine but have not enquired as to cost. 

Well not actually what I did to it, but what I did for it...Protecting it from our first fire for the summer here in Carrum Downer.

up on the roof all afternoon with trusty hose and camera.  Keeping the embers of the garage and house

(Dejavu big ones we had here in 2009)

IMG_1785_zps04317b3a.jpg

Yes mate, that shot was taken when it was nearly out, but when it was at it's peak we had the strong winds bringing the ash and embers over.  

2009 my next door neighbours house was 75% destroyed but we only lost all of our carport and patio roofing.

Scary crap.   Arsonists....fire bugs.... I would love to catch one....

That is the brand new Peninsula Link bridge, and it was apparently just on the other side of that this arvo.  

Also a bit of mayhem I was told the all the fire trucks had trouble working out how to get into the fire with all the new changes etc, hopefully they have now worked it out for the next one.

Thanks for your thought Tman.   (Hey also seen a grey AUDI today with the plates Tman)

Bruce -

‘She who likes to Drive Fast’ had the same problem with her 944. Cranking but no start. It happened often a while back but doesn’t seem as frequent now but is still there occasionally.

At the back of the motor near the bell housing there are 2 electrical plugs that operate sensors on the flywheel I think. These plugs/wires become brittle from the heat. The guys that service the car have not been able to pin the problem down or eliminate it as it is intermittent. You know – when it does it they aren’t around and when they have the car it won’t do it. Something to do with a bloke named Murphy I think.

What we do is grab hold of those plugs/wires and move them around a bit. Most times it rectifies the issue as it must restore the connection and the car will start. Others times it won’t she take my car and leaves me to drag something else out from the back of the garage.

I have seen replacement connectors with wires advertised in Excellence Magazine but have not enquired as to cost. 

Well car started first go this morning and got me to work but after sitting in the sun all day she wouldn't start. I thought I had parked where I could roll start her but no go. I popped the hood and gave the speed and ref sensor wires/plugs a jiggle and she fired up straight away

will have to track down some replacement leads

cheers

Bruce

Well not actually what I did to it, but what I did for it...Protecting it from our first fire for the summer here in Carrum Downer.

up on the roof all afternoon with trusty hose and camera.  Keeping the embers of the garage and house

(Dejavu big ones we had here in 2009)

A bit too close to home, Niko.  Glad all is OK now.  

btw. great shot of the water bomber.  Do you ever go anywhere without your camera?

Hi Niko, just caught up with this, glad all's OK for you, had the water bomber flying over here last week

and a bad fire down in Creswick/Bald hills yesterday, not going to be a good few months as it's so dry

up here all getting a bit close.

good to see you still keep that shutter clicking away, stay safe.

cheers

Steve.

Thanks gents, fires sure are a PITA.

I agree Steve, its Gonna be a long summer, especially with all the pr#€ks that get off by lighting the fires.

Harves, you wouldn't believe where I have been with that camera,....argh maybe you would.

D.M. That avatar suits your car. That black box is looking very special. The wheels definitely maketh the car.

Yes mate, that shot was taken when it was nearly out, but when it was at it's peak we had the strong winds bringing the ash and embers over.  

2009 my next door neighbours house was 75% destroyed but we only lost all of our carport and patio roofing.

Scary crap.   Arsonists....fire bugs.... I would love to catch one....

That is the brand new Peninsula Link bridge, and it was apparently just on the other side of that this arvo.  

Also a bit of mayhem I was told the all the fire trucks had trouble working out how to get into the fire with all the new changes etc, hopefully they have now worked it out for the next one.

Thanks for your thought Tman.   (Hey also seen a grey AUDI today with the plates Tman)

Good grief Niko, thats a bit close for comfort for sure.  Lets hope it calms down, although conditions don't look like calming down...  

photo11jr.jpg

First clean and wax for me in a long time so I though I'd drive down to Sydney Harbor and show off my car lol

I love my life.

Nice work DM.. car looks fantastic :)