What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

http://www.yokohama....aspx?tyreid=208

This gives comments from users and looks pretty fair. Most of them I think say they don't last that long, but that they are a great tyre. Worth a look at the comments from users

Thanks Niko, did not see many complaints in the 25 odd reviews, they must be good.

Surprisingly, pretty good. I've done 12,000km on them, and from looking at them, they seem to be 40% worn? But the good thing is, trackwork doesn't chew up the edges, which is usually what takes normal road tyres to the grave before their time.

From how they're wearing so far, I am thinking I'll replace them at the 20,000km mark, and maybe 6 trackdays, which is pretty good, IMHO. My usual routine is that my tyres are all ruined and chewed up after 10,000km :)

Thanks for the reply. 40% worn after 12000 km sounds very good indeed.

I am only guessing here but edges not being chewed up would suggest they must have stiffer sidewalls than a typical road tyre? (assuming you run correct pressures and alignment to start with).

The yella terra, had a major service today, (144,000) plus replacement of an engine mount which had apparently broken.

After a spirited drive last weekend, a couple of noises appeared, which were new to me and worried me a tad.

But all good now with the new mount, noises gone.

All her body fluids changed, with some nice new plugs, and given a clean bill of health.

Give it a shake down on Hugh's run on Sunday

Then.....

ready for Canberra,

Busted engine mount is a bugger Niko. Still better now than the big run huh.

Yes Uncle, and I have got a few K's up now, so I guess these things happen, certainly may have been a PITA if it happened out in the middle of nowhere on the way to ACT. The car really has been running perfectly so happy if that is the only problem..

Doing a quick early morning with Mark tomorrow, so that will be a good check make sure everything is good.

I busted the glass in one of my 935 mirrors the other week. The double sided tape on the back held it together enough for a glass place to cut me another. Cost was a whopping $20. Could you use the other side as a template and get one cut from it?

The yella terra, had a major service today, (144,000) plus replacement of an engine mount which had apparently broken.

After a spirited drive last weekend, a couple of noises appeared, which were new to me and worried me a tad.

But all good now with the new mount, noises gone.

All her body fluids changed, with some nice new plugs, and given a clean bill of health.

Give it a shake down on Hugh's run on Sunday

Then.....

ready for Canberra,

That's what happens when you've got two 993s chasing you!!!

Glad to hear it all went well Niko.

Busted a couple of belts just before Xmas and repainted the fan and shroud in the process of replacing them.

Was reading about the process of tensioning the belt by shiming the pulleys and realised it was critical to set the tension as per spec otherwise you can really screw up the fan bearing and alternator shaft. No problem I'll nick down to Bursons, Repco, Supercheap, Autobarn.................someone should have one of these tension measuring devices. It is on the Dayco Australia's website after all and according to Rennlist the Americans can buy these at the local auto parts store. No such bloody luck here!!!!!!!!!

One of the auto shops could get it for $50 but delivery mid March. Amazon to the rescue. Ordered on the 4th, arrived today and cost a whole $20.70!!!!!

My tension was sooooooooo far under I'm surprised I didn't throw a belt. Absolutely sensational tool. Don't know what the rest of you DIY guys use, but well worth it.

It;s called a Krikit.

IMAG0707.jpg

So in the whole process I drop the allen socket into the depths of the 911 engine bay. Somewhere down there under the pulleys. Why can't 911s have a hole down there like other bloody engines.

15 minutes later, and thanks to the inspection camera with magnet I bought at Supercheap for a stupidly cheap price, we were back in business.

Another must for the DIY garage.

IMAG0705.jpg

Hello all,

Well I broke my duck and fitted a set of 968 M030 swat bars to my 944S2 along with the front sway bar brace.

Took a bit of fiddling, but no swearing. Found that my car has a 968 control arm on one side. Hmmm!

Next is to sort the charging/battery issue and to chase an intermittent stall (when you come off the throttle).

Cheers

Greg

I have been reading up on no starts for a very long time not one car has my specific symptoms

I have a few things to try but am not in a position to just throw new parts/sensors etc at it till I get lucky

Mark It is electrical as have good fuel pressure and RACV guy tested and found no spark. Although he also said no way it would push start and I knew he was wrong about that as have been doing that since it first happened

RACV guy pulled main lead to dissy and said no spark and so am doubtful it is leads, unless it is main lead but as car runs perfect once roll started makes me think problem is elsewhere. I am going to to do factory alarm bypass to eliminate that.

Jump those pins and get the module out of the equation.

DME/KLR were replaced with a fully rebuilt unit less than 18 months ago. It was replaced by the local ECU experts Injectronics, so am doubtful DME or KLR are issue. If it is not the alarm module I am thinking maybe eng temp sensor or possibly gate/door/flap in AFM or speed and ref sensors..