What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Did you pick up the order on their25% off sale?

15% Holiday Sale :) I didn't know it was on, just fluked the timing. I was going to get the rear tow hook kit anyway. I also got new front tie down/skid plates. This weekend is looking good to get them fitted.

looking forward to seeing a pic of the new tow hook installed!

Here ya go Mike...

new bumper tube/tow hook receiver fitted

F52E2446-F91E-4D6B-BB27-46B84354DBBF-11546-00000DB4E7827550.jpg

I used a scalpel and template to cut out the hole. Instructions say to use a step drill...doesn't work very well with rubber.

D0FE95EE-2F71-448D-A5AB-3384A0819ACA-11709-00000DD14531DE78.jpg

After a bit of fiddling to get it all lined up properly it's done.

40755450-5F53-4691-AC1A-FA6168D0F8C1-11709-00000DD167E13925.jpg

Then it was off to scrutineering :)

903595E8-EFA5-484F-84D5-1FC8992CE99F-11709-00000DD18DEC6ED7.jpg

The front tie downs were an easy job to fit. The supplied bolts were not the correct thread so I re-used the originals.

CD3D163E-5D3C-4172-A656-E53730A9B2BF-11709-00000DD1AA939C67.jpg

Nice work Harvs, gee those look like they come down a long way, thats without the bumper back on though isnt it? Hope you can still get over speed humps!

Kerry

Nice work Harvs, gee those look like they come down a long way, thats without the bumper back on though isnt it? Hope you can still get over speed humps! Kerry

Cheers Kerry,

Yeah, they do look a bit low. They measure about 10mm lower than the stock loops. I might have to fit them between the body and suspension to get a bit of clearance back .

That scrutineer looks very much as tough as mine ( Black and Tan Kelpie called Walter) I gave mine a wash. And then had to go and drive it to dry it off. New Dansk 2 in 2 Out Sport muffler put on earlier this week Sounds wicked.... post-912-0-55298200-1356166008_thumb.jpg

I like the sound of that.

SSI's and a Dansk sport muffler are on my long term shopping list. Your new muffler doesn't have the 32 years of patina that mine has ;) and my header pipes have more welds than fresh metal these days.

Looks like you did lots of stuff.

Please explain.......

The Blue paint while it looks good in the photo's is not very good. The matte Black it Plastidip paint so you spray it on then when you are sick of it you just peal it back off. Simple.

Getting some decals on it now..

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

LOL its go that anti-social I may or may not give you a tap to get you out of the way look to it huh. I plan to leave it Black for a bit then spray some Olive Drab over it at some point. After the 2013 motorsport season I'll strip it all off and give it a real paint job back to the GP white it should be.

I like the sound of that.

SSI's and a Dansk sport muffler are on my long term shopping list. Your new muffler doesn't have the 32 years of patina that mine has ;) and my header pipes have more welds than fresh metal these days.

My old muffler was a modified Bischoff one, probably the original one. Sounded great but was well past its best(ie: when I removed it, it sounded like a box of cereal with all the loose flakes of metal within it!). Scored the Dansk secondhand off fleabay and had it modified the same way(hidden rhs dump pipe) My extractors are hand built no-heat box ones. So she sounds wicked and underneath it looks very impressive..........goes alot better now.

The Blue paint while it looks good in the photo's is not very good. The matte Black it Plastidip paint so you spray it on then when you are sick of it you just peal it back off. Simple.

Getting some decals on it now..

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

This looks like something Mad Max should have been driving. Is that a Dutch name on the rear quarter window?