What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

I took it out for a quick drive around the block earlier and it sounded great.

Couldn't resist. Just came back from a more serious drive.

Unbloodybelieveable!!!!! Incredible above 4500rpm at WOT.

From 1st to 2nd to 3rd, hitting the line with this growl surrounding me inside and the exhaust resonating and crackling outside.

It was like a symphony. Definitely not for everyone, but it suits me to a T.

Best value for money mod ever.

Car probably sounds like it now has more grunt.......placebo effect.

I might do some investigating tonight when I get home....you are a bad influence Theo.

Car probably sounds like it now has more grunt.......placebo effect.

I might do some investigating tonight when I get home....you are a bad influence Theo.

Placebo effect!!!!

No way. I reckon I've added at least 150hp!!!!!!

You should be worried in that shitty old Turbo of yours!!!!! ;)

Where's the in-car video? Let's hear it.

you know you want to ;)

Mounted the Gopro for the first time Harvs and took it for a squirt.

Just watched the vid and because I had the camera on the back window pointing between the seats head and dash were in full view.

There was no way I was going to post the video with a head like that!!!

Fitted Clear front indicators

Very nice Bruce. Big fan of clear corners.

I think there is a tube in one of the side air intake/outlet vents that can be removed that does the trick. Easy job apparently, will check it out.

I think the outlaw Boxster if there was one could be called the "OUTBOX"

Niko, It could become the "THUNDERbox" ! :(

I got busy tonight with a bit more A/C removal. It was time for the redundant hardware in the front end to go. I don't think there is a lot of weight to lose but I don't like the idea of carrying extra junk around.

FIrst to go was the receiver/drier in the front LH wheel well. It was here I found another 3m of A/C hose running along the sill to the engine bay. Disconnected the hoses from the drier to the front condenser as well.

IMG_1247.jpg

After the hoses were out it was quite simple to unscrew the drier from its bracket. Same for the condenser under the front panel.

IMG_1257.jpg

That left the fan and duct assembly in the boot. A few more screws and it was all out.

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

All thats left to do is block off the holes with some al plate.

Here are the major parts removed, I'm going to need a bigger box for all the leftover bits :rolleyes:

AE7615A2-77DC-489A-97F0-6B7E45B09544-7398-000008AB2F121AD1.jpg

If you look closely at the condenser you can see that the fan only acts on less than a quarter of the surface-not very effective.

Nice work Harvs. I've still got the lines and the receiver/drier do do myself. Even though its just a matter of pulling stuff off I keep thinking of other jobs to do first.

Thanks Uncle.

HINT:

be sure to put your car on stands with all 4 wheels off so you can get to all the hose clips along the sills and floor rails. Don't forget to refit the screws and rubber washers so water stays out of the holes.

I left one hose from the drier to the centre of the front floor. It was too hard to get at without a hoist.

I got into the garage early today as it's heading for 35deg C.

Using some Al sheet, I made a couple of blanking plates to close the front condenser fan holes. On closer inspection of the fan it was stuffed anyway. It was totally seized.

The extra space in the boot makes a nice fit for my tyre pump.

6841C990-1717-4924-BEB7-5B39003A1BB0-7878-000008EA1E012FCC.jpg

I think i'm done with the A/C removal for now.

I got into the garage early today as it's heading for 35deg C.

Using some Al sheet, I made a couple of blanking plates to close the front condenser fan holes. On closer inspection of the fan it was stuffed anyway. It was totally seized.

The extra space in the boot makes a nice fit for my tyre pump.

I think i'm done with the A/C removal for now.

Nice job Harves. Must have saved at least 120kg and will shave at least 20 sec off lap times.

Don't know how you do it without air. Mines getting gassed as we speak. Maybe I'm getting soft.

Nice job Harves. Must have saved at least 120kg and will shave at least 20 sec off lap times.

Don't know how you do it without air. Mines getting gassed as we speak. Maybe I'm getting soft.

Thanks Theo,

When it was a daily drive, I always parked undercover at work and home so it never got baked. Occasionally it was a warm commute home, but I picked my times so I wouldn't get stuck in traffic.

At least the engine was pre-warmed on days like today.

2060.gif

I also like the secondary bonnet catch you have hooked up (Boom-tish). That's also on my list of things I need to do.

I used plastic coated S/S cable and crimps from Bunnings for that. A neat trick a workmate showed me for crimping is to use 2 nails and vicegrips. It takes a few goes but is very effective.

02A5149A-9C6D-4AED-85A6-7FA52DB26C89-7992-0000090E875B26AC.jpg

5886177A-B684-48E5-8117-8E72D65FA827-7992-0000090E97B5C0BF.jpg