What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Just spent the last half hour looking at the YouTube clips and the website on this stuff.. Fantastic innovation.

No Victorian distributor yet, by the look of things. I suggested to the wife, that I could change the colour of the Coxster, but got a very negative reply unfortunately. Have to work on that....

Also love the black out of chrome around the windows and windscreen. Might play about with some on the beloved bluebird and see how it goes.

There is even a clip on YouTube done in Russia, where a couple of ruskies, do the badges and grill area on a Camaro. Just find it hard imagining a yellow camaro, on the streets of Moscow. Good for them Ruskie car enthusiasts, great to see.

Thanks for bringing this stuff to our attention Uncle. Just love the way it peels off when you've had enough.

Might sound like a dumb question but I wonder if they do plastidip in a clear coat? If they did it might be a good alternative to protective film to protect against stone chips? Don't really know what I am talking about so if it sounds dumb I apologise...

C

What did I do to my Porsche today?

Busted the aircon and alternator belts whilst driving out the bush in 30 degree heat.

Luck the fan belt didn't break, only twisted, and I've got a big a** battery.

Bugga,

two belts to let go at the same time?

Agree with Chris re Canberra,

Bugger Theo that's a pain at this time of year.!

Yes Chris you can get it in clear. Lot of 4x4 guys use it to stop stone chips. I don't know if its gloss or not though. If you have a local TJM 4x4 store it might be worth asking.

As for the markings yep I'll be leaving out the tail decals.

I might see if I can find me someone to knock me up a few Nachtjagd decals. White stripe and yellow highlight is easy enough.

Chris,...... Russell ..... with the beautiful black924s Turbo Carrera from PCV works (runs) a large 4WD company. He might be someone worth enquiring with. I have all his details, I might send him a little email...See if they stock it.

I am assuming it has to be sprayed on, maybe we could get those interested to have a day at a spray painters place and share the costs. I am looking a bit ahead of course.

Good one Niko.

Once I get my car re sprayed I intend to do something protect from stone chips etc. whether it be something like that or the protective film. Looking at Rex broad bents car last weekend he has the film and it was almost impossible to pick it.

C

Chris there is a product for motorbikes which is a clear almost in detectable skin which the add shows can hold out a nail when pushed against it - happy to look it up if you want.

Bloody uncle has me hooked, was up till 1 am reading about it. Just concerned it may take the top wax layer off my fairings when pealed off.

Niko, be the first to turn up in a full camo Boxter... Then grow a beard and call yourself Chuck and you will have the full Delta Force effect.

Just spent the last half hour looking at the YouTube clips and the website on this stuff.. Fantastic innovation.

No Victorian distributor yet, by the look of things. I suggested to the wife, that I could change the colour of the Coxster, but got a very negative reply unfortunately. Have to work on that....

Also love the black out of chrome around the windows and windscreen. Might play about with some on the beloved bluebird and see how it goes.

There is even a clip on YouTube done in Russia, where a couple of ruskies, do the badges and grill area on a Camaro. Just find it hard imagining a yellow camaro, on the streets of Moscow. Good for them Ruskie car enthusiasts, great to see.

Thanks for bringing this stuff to our attention Uncle. Just love the way it peels off when you've had enough.

Niko,

I love the way your car looks, especially with the new wheels.

I nearly bought a yellow Boxter S after my first boxter.

I do like the yellow, especially in the Boxters.

Jim

Bloody uncle has me hooked, was up till 1 am reading about it. Just concerned it may take the top wax layer off my fairings when pealed off.

Niko, be the first to turn up in a full camo Boxter... Then grow a beard and call yourself Chuck and you will have the full Delta Force effect.

He,s got me hooked too, Doish, I love that product. Even thinking of my wife's gun metal grey CX7, doing the chrome surrounds black.

Not sure about a full camo Boxster, I currently have the "ill at ease" out there abusing me and the ....hmmmm, how can I put it.... The happy men of our community winking at me. I have the fu man chu going, and if I went full camo, I would have the macho blokes out there wanting to kill me.( they would be the ones in the V8 utes that for whatever reason take an instant dislike to my inoffensive little Coxster)

But thanks for the idea.....

Can't say I didn't expect this.

Broken belts aren't hard to replace, just a PITA. So i figure I may as well start preparing and pull the pulleys of the fan housing.

Well, one thing leads to the other and before you know it there are two hex bolts that are made of swiss cheese and strip out. Bugger.......now the whole housing has to come out.

IMG_20121223_160526.jpg

And now that the housing is out, so i can get those stupidly soft bolts out, I may as well paint the damn thing!!!!!!!

IMG_20121223_160504.jpg

I'm thinking charcoal housing and red, or maybe green, or maybe blue or maybe..............??

Would appreciate and thoughts and suggestions.

This has gone from a 3 beer job to a slab!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Doish, that's really kind of you.

Geez Niko, that's all sounding intense, I can see the boxster turning up for the Canberra SMT in full camo gear..... :)

Just been to watch the bond movie in gold class, nice way to spend a hot afternoon...

C

Can't say I didn't expect this.

Broken belts aren't hard to replace, just a PITA. So i figure I may as well start preparing and pull the pulleys of the fan housing.

Well, one thing leads to the other and before you know it there are two hex bolts that are made of swiss cheese and strip out. Bugger.......now the whole housing has to come out.

IMG_20121223_160526.jpg

And now that the housing is out, so i can get those stupidly soft bolts out, I may as well paint the damn thing!!!!!!!

IMG_20121223_160504.jpg

I'm thinking charcoal housing and red, or maybe green, or maybe blue or maybe..............??

I'd refresh to std. Housing 'metal colour' Fan ' Tungsten'

Good spanner work!!!

Its 42 here today so I decided to reposition my exhaust straps and bolts. Then I thought I'd turn the flange bolts around so the allen heads were facing the back. Of course one wouldn't 'undo' as the lock nut nylon had melted and LOCKED. Grinding disc and cut.

Found some replacement Stainless bolts and replaced.

Walked straight from the shed into the pool, fully clothed..............

IMG_20121223_160504.jpg

Like someone said before me, BUGGER! Looks like you've got the right lubricant there on the bench. drinking-48.GIF

my 2cents... stick with the original colours and stay away from baboon's butt colour schemes B)