What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

THUNDERBIRD is GO - Found the problem with starting, traced the problem to a lose wire on alternator - so charging sometimes.

Have unwrapped Chrisy present and RS Tail is now in place and looking silently menacing.Photos later.

New Years resolution is to get 968 Turbo RS bonnet with scoop and NACA ducts in place then start planning/budgeting for the modest ( ! ) upgrade in HP.

Bring on the New Year ! Cheers, Mark.

No Build thread - just don't have the time.

Looking at reliability/driveability not just race car. Around 350 HP and Torque 500, time will tell.

Drive train on car is 20k only, with spare engine for development - so will take my time.

Cheers,Mark.

My S2 suffered from a very intermittent misfire and serious lack of power on the odd occasion. With a few pumps of the accelerator she will often clear her throat and roar up the road as normal. The problem may not return for months.

My first thought was that there condensation in the fuel tank ( she may sit unused for weeks at a time) causing the misfire so I dumped a 1/4 cup of methylated spirits into the fuel tank to absorb the moisture. Take her for a run, she foxed me again and behaved herself.

Problem returned weeks later.

So I started down the "shotgun" approach, a Porsche tech suggested it faulty was a fuel pump so off to Repco to replace the usually very reliable Bosch pump. That seemed to work.

Problem returned weeks later.

I consulted various forums ( fora?) to discover this problem has been around for a while and seemed to baffle many 944 & S2 owners. Clark's Garage had some good advice as did the Rennlist fellas. One owner had replaced just about every component of the fuel system and not resolve the problem.

Rather that pursue the "shotgun" method I started with the simple things first. Disconnected the electrical plug to the throttle position switch to discover some corrosion, a squirt of brake clean, a gentle brush and a jet of compressed air sorted that. Did the same to the connections to the distributor. More corrosion!

Took her for a run after - she behaved herself. Only time will tell if this works. My guess it is electrical, a bad earth possibly.

Best wishes to all PFA members for 2013.

Cheers

rEd

DROVE IT.

Went from home to Warrandyte, up the twistys to King Lake, Down the better twistys to Healsville and then back home in Malvern in the 914/6

Roof off - 22 degrees - late afternoon. Bliss.

One of my favourite drives.

Wow, we'll done, nice way to start/end the year. A new addition to the family. Sight unseen....sounds like a good story in there...

Agree with you the originals look 100 % better,

Congratulations BBC.

Took the Coxster for a drive this morning with my 11 year old grand son, to check out the rod show at Mornington foreshore.

Beautiful tops down day for a drive. Lots of cars, great show and found this one amongst the heavy metal.

IMG_1583_zpsd66dba03.jpg

Thanks Chris and Hugh, my G.S. gave best in show to a Green and gold AC COBRA replica. Can't blame him for that choice.

Hugh, it was a great turn out, for the rods etc, they couldn't fit any more into the park and had them all around the parking on the side of the event.

I did overhear some rodders talking about how the cars that aren't rods shouldnt be allowed in as it is supposed to be a rod event only apparently.

They were disappointed with the amount of Holden's Corvettes, Gt Falcons etc etc that were there, and although some of them modified I guess weren't hot rods, but I was happy to check them out as a spectator.

Great show each year with no admission fee, which surprises me in this day and age.

Caver is there something you would like to share here with Steve and myself? After being kicked out of your pad ....

Uhhh....lets just say that I did a fair bit of driving....the passenger seat was occupied.... :wub:

Some wine....some food....does it get any better than that???

Unfortunately, she is busy the Newcastle weekend....

Nice shot Steve. How do you find the hoist? I am thinking of getting one.

hi Unc, If I had a spare spot with plenty of height I would rather have a two poster, but it`s pretty handy & has paid for itself at least tenfold by allowing me to do everything I have needed to do on the 993 as well as five other cars including a 4wd that I would not have done with jacks over the last five years