What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Niko,

I love the way your car looks, especially with the new wheels.

I nearly bought a yellow Boxter S after my first boxter.

I do like the yellow, especially in the Boxters.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I have always thought the yellow is the traditional colour of the porker.

Nearly all the advertising shows the yellow. 911's in particular do look good in speed yellow.

Love the amber coolant Theo...I assume your garage ain't A/C.

And now that the housing is out, so i can get those stupidly soft bolts out, I may as well paint the damn thing!!!!!!!

IMG_20121223_160504.jpg

I'm thinking charcoal housing and red, or maybe green, or maybe blue or maybe..............??

Would appreciate and thoughts and suggestions.

This has gone from a 3 beer job to a slab!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Doug. Northern suburbs garages don't have air con!!! Breed 'em tough out here!!

We must be getting soft in the SE burb's. I let the cool air from the evap. cooling out of the house into the adjoining garage. Nice and cool when doing stuff like a/c delete on my porker.

Yeah, I get the irony.

i replaced the globe that back lights my clock, so can now read it for the first time since I have owned the car. I also replaced a broken AC switch. That involved de-soldering the old switch and was a major PITA but was very satisfying to get sorted and have it working again. Then I gave her a wash and a vac

i replaced the globe that back lights my clock, so can now read it for the first time since I have owned the car. I also replaced a broken AC switch. That involved de-soldering the old switch and was a major PITA but was very satisfying to get sorted and have it working again. Then I gave her a wash and a vac

Nice.

Much more fun than the boxing day sales buying jocks and shoes for all and sundry I'll bet you $5!!!

:angry::rolleyes::mellow:

Kerry

put and glued my new targa roll bar seal in today, damaged the little pins that hold it around the locating pins, but they were $3 so i might buy a few more. looks good though

going to respray my targa roof frame tomorrow

Spent the last couple of days sorting the fan/alternator and housing.

Had to get a couple of stripped bolts off so it was a good excuse to get a new Dremel.

"What new tool honey?.......That old thing............I've had that for ages!!!!!!!!"

With a bit of elbow grease and sand blasting I finally managed to get the fan and housing in high temp undercoat.

IMAG0644.jpg

Gave the parts a couple of coats of VHT high temp paint and presto. Would have preferred to powder coat as the VHT is crap IMO, but powder coaters are closed this time of the year.

Throw in some new belts. Pretty happy with the result.

IMAG0651.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

First time I've done belts on a 911. Can't believe there are no tensioners and the tension is altered by shims! Massive PITA!!!!!!!!!!! What I did learn is that Porsche are very specific about the tension and I need a Krikit to adjust it properly. This is a $20 part in the US available at a good auto store or Amazon. You reckon I could find anything remotely similar here?

Today finally got to the yellowing exhaust surrounds (bumper and cut out) due to car perhaps running a bit rich. One of the joys of owning an older car with white paint. Using a light polish this came off like butter off a hot knife and even returned my exhaust from Goldie to bright chrome which I can now see myself on.

Entire tail end looks good as new - such a small job and such a huge difference to the overall looks.

Now to order some new tail lights to bring the rear back to brand new.

Spent the last couple of days sorting the fan/alternator and housing.

Had to get a couple of stripped bolts off so it was a good excuse to get a new Dremel.

"What new tool honey?.......That old thing............I've had that for ages!!!!!!!!"

First time I've done belts on a 911. Can't believe there are no tensioners and the tension is altered by shims! Massive PITA!!!!!!!!!!! What I did learn is that Porsche are very specific about the tension and I need a Krikit to adjust it properly. This is a $20 part in the US available at a good auto store or Amazon. You reckon I could find anything remotely similar here?

Just caught up with your problems Theo, what a PITA, but the paint Job looks good, ( Should give up on your day job) ;)

cheers

Steve.