What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

A strange thing happened today I noticed a grinding/crunch noise coming out of my Gearbox when I change from 2nd to 3rd but if I'm really articulate with the clutch it goes away how weird.

time to change your gearbox oil i think

D.M......may not be a headache yet.... Rip it back to whoever serviced/services your car, and just get them to check it out. Hopefully no leaks, and oil might just need refreshing up. Check out where you park it...any oily spots on the ground? Get it checked out pretty quickly though, just to make sure that it is not a clutch problem. Whichever way your not doing your gearbox any favours, by crunching the gears, and I promise it won't go away it will only get worse. The worse it gets the more expensive it gets.......

I thought about putting some kind of device in that would allow me to listen to music while I do the very very dull drive to the A.C.T for the meet. The I thought hang on that's the same price as a wastegate or one torsion bar  F___ that. Looks like another 1,200klms with the webers set at 11 and ear plugs in.

I thought about putting some kind of device in that would allow me to listen to music while I do the very very dull drive to the A.C.T for the meet. The I thought hang on that's the same price as a wastegate or one torsion bar  F___ that. Looks like another 1,200klms with the webers set at 11 and ear plugs in.

Just a thought,  wax moulded around the ear plugs to cut out the background noise.

Or a set of industrial ear muffs ScreenShot2013-01-23at104458PM_zps1a90ab

LOL. Harvs I keep a few set of ear plugs in the glovebox at all times. Sitting on 110kph is just on the end of the idle jets of the webers so the resonate harmonics are 100+db inside the car. The colder and thicker the air gets the louder it is. I tend to sit on 118kph as its then completly on the main jets and that shuts it up by quite a bit.

Ever thought of screwing an electric fan on top of the carbies.

I actually know someone (who believe it or not IS intelligent)  who purchased one of those.AND INSTALLED IT

The pursuit of power will make even the most sensible do stupid things.

I actually know someone (who believe it or not IS intelligent)  who purchased one of those.AND INSTALLED IT

I was joking.

But, you can buy a kit ?

You are a good man not to name the poor chap.

Steve, how long did it stay on the car ?

Got a pic or name of the kit he used ?