What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Cheers good food for thought. I was thinking of doing a sub floor set up like our mate Jack has so I can keep all my floor space clear but then you are going to loose some of the total lift height available. I can see how a 2 poster would give you a much better working area. Hmm.

At full height how solid does the whole thing feel and what kind of locking system has it got?

Steve, can you do an engine/box drop with that lift?

I understand that there a couple of variations that don't always suit out rear engine set up.

Hi Theo, I haven`t as yet but I would be surprised if you couldn`t , you are more than welcome to PM me and come up to the hills and check it out if you would like,

Steve, can you do an engine/box drop with that lift?

I understand that there a couple of variations that don't always suit out rear engine set up.

I bought the same kind of lift and checking clearance for an engine drop was the first thing I did. It looks like there is plenty of space for an engine jack and a transmission jack as long as the lift is raised high enough. Because they make so many jobs easy/viable they are well worth the money. I love mine.

Can you comment on what the wear is like on them?

http://www.yokohama.com.au/ourtyres/tyre.aspx?tyreid=208

This gives comments from users and looks pretty fair. Most of them I think say they don't last that long, but that they are a great tyre. Worth a look at the comments from users

Can you comment on what the wear is like on them?

Surprisingly, pretty good. I've done 12,000km on them, and from looking at them, they seem to be 40% worn? But the good thing is, trackwork doesn't chew up the edges, which is usually what takes normal road tyres to the grave before their time.

From how they're wearing so far, I am thinking I'll replace them at the 20,000km mark, and maybe 6 trackdays, which is pretty good, IMHO. My usual routine is that my tyres are all ruined and chewed up after 10,000km :)