What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Wheels really suit the car Niko IMO, a nice update

I got a new IMI Hi torque starter in the mail today :D

You'll love that starter! i've got one myself and damn it starts so much better. don't forget to clean the grounds, it does help! it is a PITA but worth wile.

Anyone here into custom fab work?

I had to practice aluminium welding so i made an oil catch can for my car..

It does have an oil baffle plate inside do the turbo wont suck up the oil.

Just needs a polish now to match the intercooler pipes and intake.

file-27.jpg

file-32.jpg

file-30.jpg

Mark, I have just used a place on Friday, I found in Seaford for some work I am doing.

Great bloke, great service and price on the stuff I had done. Nothing is too much trouble.

He also tells me he will be there most days over christmas. He certainly does all things perspex and that sort of product.

If you have a template or measurements I am sure he can help you.

Definitely worth a phone call

PlasProDev(Australia)Pty Ltd.

17-19 Govan Street, Seaford. info@plaspprodev.com.au 9782 5278 M 0412 700137

www.plasprodev.com.au

Ask for Roger (DYER)

He is the boss there.

Quite a big factory with about four blokes working there.

Not much he doesn't do in that sort of stuff.

I will be certainly using him again for things that I need.

Off to REPCO today to use RACV card for 25% discount on Engine Oils !

Got a couple of Mobile 3000 5W40 $42.

Thanks for tip on Repco, Mark.

I picked some car cleaning products and was originally looking for something to remove sap spots from the better half's car.

Does anyone know how to remove the red coloured sap from gum trees? I've tried a few different brand name cleaners and various petroleum based solutions. Nothing seems to touch it. The car is only 2 years old with good paint so I don't want to use any abrasive polishes.

While I was there I got a clay bar cleaning kit as well. OMG! I did just a small patch on the roof of my SC and I couldn't believe what this magic lump of putty was picking up. I thought my car was clean before I started. After the clay cleaner, the surface was smooth, before it felt like 200 grit sandpaper in comparison. Well, I had to finish the job. There was no way I was going to leave it "dirty" after that. A couple of hours later and the whole car is gleaming after the clay clean then a coat of wax.

If you haven't used a clay cleaner, give it a go. You'll be impressed.

Time to sit back and watch the cricket and enjoy beer o'clock. 1510.gif

Harv while on the subject do you have any tips on how to remove the yellow exhaust stain on the paint around the bumper bars on the exhaust side of the car?

I recall using a polishing wax when I first got my SC. It wasn't too bad and cleaned up quite easily. Hopefully the yellow stain isn't baked in from exhaust heat. That would he quite noticeable on a white car.

I avoid using any polish with a cutting compound unless its to fix up a scratch which needs to be rubbed out.

LOL so my wife just came and got me from the shed after I'd gone back after dinner so todays effort was not in vain. Conversation went something like this..

Wife. What are you doing honey?

Me just polishing this stuff.

Wife. Oh hey they look great!

Me. Yeah its taken a bit to get a nice shine on them.

Wife. Well they will look good on the car.

Me. You wont be able to see them. They go inside the carbs.

Wife. You're broken.

Me. Yep.

I was polishing the venture's one the carbs.

Randall,

Thanks for posting the pics. This seems to be a nice light weight non-invasive method of fitting a tow strap. My concern is that the strap runs against the tin under the bumper. This could cause damage when a load is applied.

I would be more comfortable with a screw in type such as the Rennline hook which threads into a replacement bumper mount tube.

This means more work cutting a hole into the bumper and rubber strip but it is neatly plugged with the supplied cap.

from the Rennline site

E16-2.jpg

E16-3.jpg

i know it's an old post - but isn't that where the tow point is? behind that peice of rubber? and it comes out so you can screw in the tow hook attachment?

i know it's an old post - but isn't that where the tow point is? behind that peice of rubber? and it comes out so you can screw in the tow hook attachment?

You'd be right for most G series 911's, Russ. Unfortunately not all 911's had a tow hook.

Pelican has a thread on this topic.

http://forums.pelica...y-tool-kit.html

There's a pic from the owner's manual showing the rear tow point that you're referring to.

Mine is a US spec. car and it seems that tow hooks weren't fitted on these. The only towing points are loops attached to the front suspension mounts and in the chassis rails up behind the rear bumper. Hence, I am waiting on a delivery of the Rennline rear tow kit.

Well I had to take off door trim to get my speaker fitted to a later models 10 speakers systems door pod and thought *while I'm in there* I'll try and fix my power window issue(was slipping). Was hoping it was just rollers, as I had bought a kit from rennbay to fix that. Anyway got new rollers fitted and then noticed main gear had lost most of the teeth and that was the problem. I rang Porschapart down in Mordi where I got the regulator from 6 months earlier and expalined it had never been right and had got worse, and Brett organised me a replacement free of charge (now that's top service). Anyway got it all fitted and trim back on, speaker fitted wiring run etc and did a test, and front of window drops. Turns out one of the rollers was only half in it's track. Have now fixed that and am trying to refit trim now(in the dark lol) and trims back on

Edited by cyberpunky