What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

I just finished putting the door-stay reinforcement kit on my SC.

Quite a straightforward job and really happy with the results.

Putting the rest of the door back together however is proving a huge PITA !!

I took it down to my local mechanic and we found the broken tooth sitting in the Transmission fluid.

I'm still searching for a 2nd hand gearbox.

Bugga, ok at least you know where you stand with it.   Good luck

So after doing the stone guards last week I thought I'd give the headlights a crack with some protection film.

I had bought some new headlight lenses and wanted to make sure they didn't get pitted as bad as the old ones. Bought the film a couple of weeks ago but was a little hesitant because I wanted to get it around the curves of the light and was really questioning my ability to do the job properly.

A little research and a trusty blow dryer from the 80s and the result was very good.

IMAG1014_zps357c6659.jpg

Washed the car and installed new wiper blades. "Installed" , what an excessive number of letters for that menial task! But I've run out of things to do on that car. So I rebuilt the carby on the ol' Landy, after sourcing the very last throttle spindle in the universe.

Tomorrow, the 911 and 944 are going to a country car party http://www.postvintage-tas.org/Picnic%20at%20Ross.htm

Last year there were 800 cars. It is a grand day out, Gromit!

Looks like its gonna be a great day there tomorrow, hope you don't get our crappy weather to "rain on your parade"

Have a sensational day, don,t forget the camera.

So after doing the stone guards last week I thought I'd give the headlights a crack with some protection film.

I had bought some new headlight lenses and wanted to make sure they didn't get pitted as bad as the old ones. Bought the film a couple of weeks ago but was a little hesitant because I wanted to get it around the curves of the light and was really questioning my ability to do the job properly.

A little research and a trusty blow dryer from the 80s and the result was very good.

Good job, are you going to cover the blinkers too?

Ok, you can buy plastic polishes but tend to have the same basic polishing ingredient as toothpaste........

plus your blinkers will have that minty freshness.........

.........are your Mcleans showing ?

Theo,

Your becoming a Stylist like Niko - tending your car with toothpaste and Hair Dryer !       :lol:

You need to look good whilst cruising the streets Mark!!!

Just sorting a few aesthetic issues. The car is looking so much better than when I first got it but as you know Mark, it is a driver's car and it MUST be driven.

Ok, you can buy plastic polishes but tend to have the same basic polishing ingredient as toothpaste........

plus your blinkers will have that minty freshness.........

.........are your Mcleans showing ?

So why wouldn't I simply use a cutting compound?

Using toothpaste is just a cheap, handy alternative.  If it is the same as cutting compound thats fine.

Years ago I was talking to an aircraft engineer who was using "the basic ingredient" to polish light aircraft windscreens. 

I have noticed a few "you tube" posts on headlight polishing as well

Cheers

I started using toothpaste to polish plastic when I read it worked on CDs many years ago. I used it on the plastic in front of my gauges which had a lot of fine scratches and it worked a treat. The minty smell has gone now but it still looks shiny lol

I started using toothpaste to polish plastic when I read it worked on CDs many years ago. I used it on the plastic in front of my gauges which had a lot of fine scratches and it worked a treat. The minty smell has gone now but it still looks shiny lol

I first learnt about toothpaste to polish plastic when watches used to have a plastic face cover.  Did the trick then.

It would be good if you could do the same for glass.

Theo,

Your becoming a Stylist like Niko - tending your car with toothpaste and Hair Dryer !       :lol:

desismileys_4469-1.gif

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO MEAN?

(Actually Tmans car is looking sensational and has come a long way in the looks and noise dept.)

Well after getting accidentally beyond functional at my mates 30th last night and not beening able to meet for coffee. I managed to drag myself to the creek to watch the sprints. Try'd to drive home in this when I left.

photo.jpg

Well it's understated and unobtrusive, so I can't think why you didn't get away with it.

I made a brief visit to the Creek yesterday, delivering a pair of brake discs for the orange car visible in the background of your pic.