What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

I walked into garage, opened hood, stood there staring at engine bay with my brother whilst we had a beer..

Unpacked the evoms intakes out of their box.

Looked at it. Got distracted and called porsche to see if they can fit a bluetooth mobridge to my car..

Was told $1776 supplied and fitted. At that bombshell I gave up on installing evoms. And went and sat in hot tub to think.....

So I guess I opened my bonnet today :)

Drove home from my 4hr wheel alignment into the garage and up on stands, unpacked the pelican box.... installed new hood shocks, MSD blaster coil, and a new small dash trim bit. Looked at how I'm going to change the OPS, also marveld at the fact that I think my oil leak is coming from the OPS.

Went inside giggled to myself at all the goodies I bought that I don't need but have, then poured myself 1.5Lts of my finest homebrew.

Discovered my new 6x9's won't fit in the parcel shelf, even with the fibreglass angled standoffs I bought specially for today.

Also discovered my new 6x9's won't fit in the fibreglass angled standoffs I bought specially for today.

Then I discovered my new kevlar 6in speakers are too deep for the doors.

So daggy looking speakers back in the doors and new 6in speakers in the parcel shelf until I can figure out a solution.

Have also found the rear window is leaking a bit. Glad I caught that before it became a problem!

JBL 6x9's ... Now that's something I've not heard since rocking my 6 crystal Alpine stereo in my Gemini.

Took advantage of the terrible weather by jacking the car up on stands and changing the exhaust with that M&K.... Sounds frikken awesome!

lol turns out they're JL Audio, I edited the original post

I wonder how I'll go - the current speakers in there must be pretty basic (wonder if theres something that upgrade what's in there with the same size

JBL 6x9's ... Now that's something I've not heard since rocking my 6 crystal Alpine stereo in my Gemini.

Took advantage of the terrible weather by jacking the car up on stands and changing the exhaust with that M&K.... Sounds frikken awesome!

Is got pioneer in my doors which are so flush they fit behind the original speaker grills - with a very slight raise. Sounds good however most of the time I'm more into the noise from my rear.

... Engine.

How does it sound?  Any video?  ...of the exhaust.

Discovered my new 6x9's won't fit in the parcel shelf, even with the fibreglass angled standoffs I bought specially for today.

Also discovered my new 6x9's won't fit in the fibreglass angled standoffs I bought specially for today.

Then I discovered my new kevlar 6in speakers are too deep for the doors.

So daggy looking speakers back in the doors and new 6in speakers in the parcel shelf until I can figure out a solution.

Have also found the rear window is leaking a bit. Glad I caught that before it became a problem!

Crap! I've got JL Audio 6x9's waiting to go in. Thanks for doing the R&D lol. Do you know what fits?

I fitted 6x9's using a 20mm thick spacer under the speaker to lift the magnet above the tin. It was overhanging the front of the shelf but otherwise fitted ok  They were later replaced by 5inch speakers so I could fit a harness bar across the shelf above the seat backs.

Is got pioneer in my doors which are so flush they fit behind the original speaker grills - with a very slight raise. Sounds good however most of the time I'm more into the noise from my rear.

... Engine.

How does it sound?  Any video?  ...of the exhaust.

Need sound file please, are you happy with the outcome? Is the sound what wanted? Well done mate!

A pleasant couple of hours stripping clear coat off one of my new track wheels and playing with some fine sandpaper and metal polish.

Almost as polished as my Fuchs.

These old cookie cutters don't look half bad scrubbed up. Considering they were a 10th the price...Anyway they will be the finest cookies in the land , guaranteed.