What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

930 wheels arrived today.. gave them a bit of a clean and resprayed the centre caps with some wurth satin black. Pretty good match

2k65.jpg

rfe0.jpg

and caps back on
5tir.jpg

Rears will need new tyres and some gutter rash touched up.. but otherwise, really happy with them.. cant wait to get them on the car

Well today I have dropped my 996 carrera down at auto coupe in eltham, I thought I would bite the bullet and do the IMS bearing for piece of mind and while it's in there it's time for a new clutch and major service!

Just missed you Matt. I picked mine up from Autocoupe on Friday

Replaced the old tail lights with new ones. Simple modification and noticeable difference making the rear end new looking again.

null_zps9a14a790.jpg

Doish...the Porsche shield on the wheel cap isn't pointing to the valve...immediate action required!

I replaced the plastic interior door handles with black aluminium handles.. the plastic ones, particularly the passenger door seems to have softened with time.. it would bend and almost feel as though it would snap off if pulled too hard.. the new ones are subtle and blend in. Worthwhile update

2k3i.jpg

Previous owner also put steel accelerator, brake and clutch pedals that looked terrible. Replaced with stock rubber/plastic. The momo shift knob that was on there is also gone. Replaced with an original looking 915 shift knob. Small things which to me have improved the look of the interior

Looking good mate, cant wait to see it in the flesh! (ps. glad to hear you managed to get the shifter off!)

Thanks. Likewise with your SC. Hopefully at the next coffee catch up that gets organised. Hopefully will have the 930 wheels on by then too

The handles were a fiddly job with the C clips that hold the rod that pivots the handle. I cant lay claim to removing the shift knob myself. I decided to take the car in for a service mainly for peace of mind and had the mechanic grind it off.. Ive also replaced the large tipped muffler with an M&K 1 in 1 out. I think the new muffler sounds very good and a much more reasonable noise level. Thanks to Doish on the recommendation

If anyone wants a 100mm outlet Monty muffler, let me know :)