What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Removed the torsion bar beam and trailing arms from the spare car (944S) in preparation for a rebuild with Elephant Racing Poly bronze bushes M030 bars and then transplanted into the S2?.

Everything unbolted reasonably well, although I have to ask, is it necessary to pull the entire handbrake mechanism apart to remove the handbrake cables?

Cheers

Greg

New tyres. Went for Direzza Z2. Very happy so far looking forward to getting them up to temp.

Thanks to T for organizing them for me.

Great Chris - let me know how they handle in the WET !     :D

Posted this in another thread, but thought it was worth posting here. The door pockets have bowed out over the years and decided to try straighten the passenger side pocket out last night.

I used a heat gun to heat the bowed sections and then clamped them down to straighten and left overnight. I also took the door pocket lid off and straightened that out. After years of elbows resting on it that had bent as well. There seems to be a metal rod inside the lid since it was very easy to manipulate back.

I forgot to take before shots of the passenger door which had a more severe bow than the driver side, but i took a pic of the driver side to demonstrate:

o327.jpg

Here is the door pocket clamped after heat application

wj1o.jpg

and after:

0kez.jpg

2eoh.jpg

very happy with the result. Now for the driver side pocket