What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Great info. Thanks.

I'd call the leak "significant" in that there were drops under the car every few days.  The pictures don't do it justice as to how wet it was around the breather area.  There's also another leak from the oil bypass hose but that will also be changed out with the tensioners.

Intake port gaskets were all good so I left them alone.  Figured I'd do more damage trying to scrape them out.  The engine had the heads done a few years back and the gaskets were in good order.  Someone used silicone on them which while I think is dodgey it let the manifold peel away from the gasket easily enough.

If I was to offer advice to anyone for this job it would be to undo the rear engine mounts and drop the motor down about 4 or 5 inches. would have made the whole job a million times easier.

Nice one Theo. Along the same lines today I got some shed shots. I was going though a photo album on the weekend and rediscovered some photos of my dad doing more or less the same thing at about the same age as I am now and thought how good it was to see them. 

With this in mind I got my wife to take some candid photos that I am going to print for my son to look at in 30 years.  :)

IMG_1687_zpscb2868cd.jpg

IMG_1660_zps1a5850c4.jpg

IMG_1659_zpsb8e91540.jpg

IMG_1672_zpsf818b3da.jpg

I became tired of the faded engine cover, so tried some Trim Detailer.   Might take a few goes, but seems to have picked it up a little.  

Here is it half done.....

20130911_162632_zpse4da2792.jpg

And the final result.

20130911_163113_zps3b16d0a5.jpg

And, in line with T-man, I have been getting my little one to help also.

20130831_152747_zps5095caf2.jpg

But, finding extra storage has been a problem.   Just now need to find a restraining method  :blink:

20130908_153654_zpsd527683a.jpg

Installing Polybronze bushes into rear beam, bearings test fitted, grease passages drilled and holes tapped for grease nipples. Need urethane adhesive to properly bed bearings in both the steel inner beam and the outer Aluminium castings.

Waiting on the spring plates to return from platers.

Have to decide whether or not to get beam blasted and the powder coated or just clean and touch up paint...

Back out to work on rally car after Spicks and Specks. Finish front arms tomorrow.

Greg

I made my parts order today with PCSS, I cannot believe how cheap the Motorsport items are, she even gave me a Motorsport discount on the whole order. 

Ordered: 

1 - Cup car front splitter

15 -  securing rivets for splitter

3 - shift linkage ball cup ends with retaining clip 

1 - Cup shifter alignement tool 

Some other screw lol

Put it this way, I got change from $200.... I am in awe  :o

Porsche  :wub:

Goodies time hey. Change, that's an unusual thing for European cars...

I made my parts order today with PCSS, I cannot believe how cheap the Motorsport items are, she even gave me a Motorsport discount on the whole order.

Ordered:

1 - Cup car front splitter

15 - securing rivets for splitter

3 - shift linkage ball cup ends with retaining clip

1 - Cup shifter alignement tool

Some other screw lol

Put it this way, I got change from $200.... I am in awe :o

Porsche :wub: