What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Went and picked up roof racks from PCSS and they tried to sticker my car up for the 50th thing this weekend. Apparently they didn't expect a 911 to turn up that wasn't involved.

ha ha, that would have been interesting... 

Please post pictures of your roof racks once installed Nath! :)

Not exactly "What did I do to my Porsche today", but "What someone did to a Porsche today".

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/masked-bandits-ramraid-westpac-bank-in-sydney8217s-cbd-8216in-and-out-in-two-minutes8217/story-fncynjr2-1226718454327

Glad there weren't any PFA stickers on the car!!!

Finished refurbishing the 944 front arms. It's easy enough to do, although I offer the following:

1. Don't use the ball from the old joint to drive the upper cup in. It's a very tight fit and you run the risk of splitting the cup as it is un-supported until driven fully home. Use a brass or Aluminium drift or if. You have the means turn up a full diameter tool and use a press.

2. I used a section of pipe and a block of wood with a hole drilled into it; to support the arm while using a socket and sash clamp to compress the lower cover to install the circlip.

3. I used a 17mm long socket to push on the plastic spacer that goes under the rubber boot.

It looks good.

The spring plates arrived back from the platers, looking like new. Shame I didn't get the bolts done as well, but no huge issue. This is going into the everyday car. Tomorrow will see the completion of the rear beam/Poly-bronze bush build up.

I have to give the beam another scrub and touch up some paint work. Then I will bond the outer bushes to the housings with Sikalex 227 and the inner races to the spring plate with 2 part metal exxy goop.

I better book the car in to get all the gear fitted and aligned.

Cheers

Greg

Finally got the car back from the mechanic, got half way home and the car is now pulling hard to the left :( I noticed my indicators were not cancelling so I know the steering wheel hub is on upside down. Pulled it apart and flipped it over and checked to see if anything was grabbing causing the weird steering. Looks fine, put it back together and still issues. The car pulls hard to the left and has a lot more resistance turning the wheel right. I'm hoping they just stuffed up the alignment and its not a problem with the reco'd rack. I checked the alignment report and the car is listed at the top as a 993 turbo, which has slightly different specs to my 964. Checked my book and yep some of their settings are below minimum spec. Ho hum back to the shop on monday.

Finally got the car back from the mechanic, got half way home and the car is now pulling hard to the left :( I noticed my indicators were not cancelling so I know the steering wheel hub is on upside down. Pulled it apart and flipped it over and checked to see if anything was grabbing causing the weird steering. Looks fine, put it back together and still issues. The car pulls hard to the left and has a lot more resistance turning the wheel right. I'm hoping they just stuffed up the alignment and its not a problem with the reco'd rack. I checked the alignment report and the car is listed at the top as a 993 turbo, which has slightly different specs to my 964. Checked my book and yep some of their settings are below minimum spec. Ho hum back to the shop on monday.

How on earth can they mistake it for a 993 Turbo is beyond me.