What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Put th cat in his cat carry thing in the front boot for a trip to he vet. He didn't seem to mind, was nice and calm when we got back home

Good place for a cat...in a box, in the dark, not knowing if it will ever see day-light again.   :ph34r:

tomo, you may be interested in this too.  

Just installed my short shift linkage... this thing is amazing 30% reduction means you just flick your wrist to select a gear not your whole arm.

I drove the car on both normal and 30% reduction and its tightened up the gear stick in the cab so much shifting into a gear feel like new.

Who makes that linkage kit?

I've finally gotten back into the 912 after getting back to work and the parents heading home to Qld.

I stripped all the paint off the bumpers yesterday, and started on the hood today. UGH! Man what a lovely job that is!

Who's idea was it to get it all back to bare metal??  :angry:

Also got under the thing last weekend and degreased the engine with the cheapest, and in my opinion the best, degreaser around from Super Cheap

Just make sure ya wear glasses, it stings a bit!  :rolleyes:

Found the rad leak.... got the rad out..... had rad fixed.... put in new coolant then onto floor... replaced drain bung thanks to kelly.... put new coolant in.

Just need to put the nose back on, air box back in and give her a bath cause someone thought it would be a super mad idea to pierce the brand new bottle of WD40 on something in the engine bay and spray eyeballs, engine bay, side of the car and under the car. At least I can blink super fast now.

I caught up with Roni (Fig) and he worked some magic on my front end (car that is). He has an amazing set-up and is more than happy to lend a hand and put it to use................

IMG_0325_zpseee25cad.jpg

Thanks again for all help today mate, I must say it is firm - but feels great!

Splatted some bugs on the front bumper and windscreen, what is it with bugs and yellow cars..... It's not a banana. Reminds me of wearing high-vis and getting attached by flying ants.

Got home, washed, vacuumed, covered her up and tucked her away in the garage ready for next excuse to go kill some bugs.

My neighbour promptly reminded me that I have now washed it twice this week.

Got home, washed, vacuumed, covered her up and tucked her away in the garage ready for next excuse to go kill some bugs.

My neighbour promptly reminded me that I have now washed it twice this week.

Ben, I hope you didn't put your car under the cover while it was still wet.

Neighbours are great, aren't they?

Yes and no Harv.... When I know I am going to use her again in the next few days it just have a few flannelet sheets over her to keep the dust off. So she can breath/dry without an issue with them on. If I know she will be in the garage for a while (hasn't happened yet) she has a proper cover for when/if that happens but I will be sure she is well and truly dry before hand.

She was sunning herself when the neighbour got home and made his comment. Basically I had mover her into the sun, opened everything I could so she could dry while I vacuumed her. The normal ritual.

I also use a blower before I dry her to blow out a lot of the excess water but you can never get it all.